Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: Could Your Job Roles BE Any More “Friends”?

Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 9, 2023

friends.gif

Hey there, Atlassian Community! 😊 

It's time to kick back, pour yourself a coffee like at Central Perk, and join us for a light-hearted comparison of job roles and our beloved “Friends" characters. Whether you're deep into Jira or crafting code, there's a bit of sitcom sparkle in every role!

• Ross Geller - Jira Administrator: Ah, the meticulous Jira Administrator, the know-it-all with a heart of gold and a head full of trivia (hopefully about Jira workflows instead of dinosaurs). They're passionate and sometimes find themselves entangled in the complexities of the job, but their dedication keeps the gears of your IT projects turning as smoothly as Ross's "We were on a break" excuses.

ross.gif

• 💔 Chandler Bing - Software Developer: Could his code BE any cleaner? Sarcasm? Check. Wit as sharp as a refactored code? Double-check. Your Software Developer might drop a joke during a sprint review like Chandler can't help but make a quip in an awkward situation. They keep the mood light, even when the bugs seem to be forming an unbreakable alliance.
  • Monica Geller - Product Manager: Organized? Check. Control enthusiast? Absolutely. Your Product Manager channels Monica's energy, turning chaotic backlogs into a harmonious symphony of well-groomed user stories. They strive for perfection in each sprint, perhaps not unlike Monica's quest for the cleanest apartment in New York City.

monica (1).gif

• Joey Tribbiani - Customer Success Manager: Who else in the team radiates warmth and charm like Joey does on his auditions? The Customer Success Manager is all about relationships, ensuring users are not just satisfied but feel like they've got a friend in the tech world. And yes, they, too, know the importance of "How you doin'?" when checking in on customer satisfaction.

joey.gif

• Rachel Green - Marketing Manager: With a keen eye for trends and a marketer's mind that's as sharp as a Central Perk latte, Rachel ensures that your product not only looks good on the outside but dazzles your users with its features and benefits. She's adept at navigating the complex marketplace, much like navigating the intricacies of a fashion line—or a Central Perk friendship circle.

rachel.gif

• Phoebe Buffay - Support Engineer: Just like Phoebe with her guitar at Central Perk, the Support Engineer tackles issues with a unique perspective and unshakeable positivity. They help you see the bright side of a server crash and can find a solution with the creativity of a "Smelly Cat" rendition.

mike&phoeby (1).gif

• Mike Hannigan - Project Manager: Cool under pressure and ready to pivot (pivot!) when necessary, the Project Manager is the Mike to your team's Phoebe - perhaps a bit more conventional but a perfect complement to the creative chaos, keeping projects on track with calmness and a steady hand.

So, Atlassian aficionados, which "Friends" character mirrors you in the grand sitcom of your team life? Have you spotted a Janice or a Gunther among your colleagues? 

Happy Friday, everyone! Let the friendly banter begin! ☕️👩‍💻👨‍💻

janice (1).gif

9 comments

Comment

Halina Cudakiewicz_Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 10, 2023

It was so much fun to read @Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_ ! Now I'm actually looking for similarities between my colleagues and Friends :) 

Like # people like this
Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
November 10, 2023

Thank you! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the article! I love this sitcom, and it's definitely fun to think about how our colleagues are similar to the characters in Friends. 👯‍♀️👯‍♂️

Gabriela Koleva November 10, 2023

Thank you for the fun and interesting read~! It was utter delight. Now I see a whole swarm of Chandlers with a few Ross and one-two Monicas in the team when I look around the office. 

This makes me wanna rewatch Friends as well😅

Or you know what? Maybe I shall!

vsgif_com__.2610624.gif

Like # people like this
Cheri Hansen November 10, 2023

Nicely done!   Love it.

Like # people like this
Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
November 10, 2023

Glad you enjoyed the read 🤗  

Happy re-watching! 📺 ☕️

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2023

Fun!  I think I actually HEARD that last meme.  Very creative post, @Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_ ! 

Like # people like this
Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
November 13, 2023

Thanks @Laurie Sciutti !

I'm glad you heard it! I was hoping it would resonate with people. 😂

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this
Sabine Mayer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2023

Thank you so much @Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_ for sharing this!! It was a lot of fun to read it and see similarities with team members!! =)

Like Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_ likes this
Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
November 13, 2023

Thanks @Sabine Mayer ! I'm glad you enjoyed it 😊

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2023

🤣🤣This is brilliant!!!

Been comparing people I know and my colleagues today and found out that they totally fit the characters 😆

joey_surprised.gif

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2023

I'm a blend of Joey and Monica - bringing Monica skills and traits to a Joey-centric role. I enjoyed looking at the Friends cast in this light, thanks @Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_ for the article. 

Like # people like this
Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
November 13, 2023

So glad you like the article! It was a lot of fun for me to write. 

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2023

Not sure, but when I'm in the office I feel like Gunther quite often. Someone brought in one of those single serve brewing thingies and it seems like I'm using it several times a day for myself.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 13, 2023

Love this tribute to Matthew Perry! 💔

I'm a nerdy former professor who loves the "Pivot" gif, so.... definitely a Ross. And this is me on the bad days:  

im-fine-friends.gif

Like # people like this
Martin Runge November 17, 2023

I totaly agree...

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2023

@Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_ great post.  Thanks for putting it together.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events