Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Friday Fun - Calming down after a busy week πŸŒ²β€‹

Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2024

Hey everyone!

It's Friday in Sydney already so let's get started with my first Friday Fun post. πŸ˜Šβ€‹

January is a busy time for everyone. The year is just getting started, you've just come back from vacation and now everyone is in full hustle mode. 

It's great to be productive but being busy can also be exhausting. And it's great when the weekend finally comes around. 

I think this GIF describes it really well. β€‹πŸ˜…​

So my question this Friday is: What is your favourite thing to do to calm down after a busy week? 

Personally, I tend to do more quiet activities like taking a walk outside, listening to a podcast or curling up on the couch with a good book and maybe a cup of tea (only in winter). 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

10 comments

Comment

Hind Kadiri From Jaanga
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2024

Hey @Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_ ! Happy Friday to you, and I wish you an enjoyable weekend too!

Despite a busy week, my weekends remain packed as I study on weekends (I surprisingly enjoy it with my colleagues) and, when I return home, I indulge in some serious laptop gaming. Yes, I'm a gamer at heart!

Like β€’ # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2024

Hi Johanna - thanks for the post!

I, too, try to get some reading in on Fridays as a way to work into the weekend and begin to slow down. 

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2024

Thank goodness it's almost Friday here in the U.S. While it was a short week (Monday was a holiday at my company), it has felt incredibly long! 🫠 On Fridays, I love to relax and watch a movie as a family. The weekends tend to be pretty busy for us with kids' activities and other commitments, but Fridays tend to lend themselves to slowing down and enjoying a movie together!

Happy Friday (or Friday Eve) everyone!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2024

Great first post @Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_!

I very much agree with @Hind Kadiri From Jaanga some video games can be exactly what I need to unwind after a busy week.

Though recently I have also gotten back into model building and painting which is just as calming and gives me a reason to get away from my screens.

Hind Kadiri From Jaanga
Marketplace Partner
January 19, 2024

giphy.gif

@Jimmy Seddon Sounds amazing! I love painting too, and I think it's a fantastic way to disconnect from screens sometimes. What you're doing is really great!

I'm curious, what kind of models do you enjoy crafting?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2024

@Hind Kadiri From Jaanga I have a couple of friends that got me interested in playing Warhammer 40K (tabletop strategy game) so I have been working on putting together an army to play with/against them.

20230214_154257.jpg20230819_152812.jpg

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2024

I have more like a busy 'days', rather than weeks. Anyhow, I like to go for a πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ run, whether outside, or in these winter days, at home on a treadmill. Before I moved to a new place, I used to go hiking and I found that to be really 'cleansing' for the body and the mind. Also, as soon as some warmer time comes, I'm planning to get myself a porch swing as I used to spend a lot of time reading or just listening to music like that while I was at my parents house.

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2024

I would agree that sitting down with a good book is relaxing.  Also, sitting by the fire, watching the snow gently fall (no blizzards please) can take the edge off.  

Now if I want to go down the electronic route, I don't object to playing some computer games either.

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2024

SLEEP!  πŸ₯±πŸ˜΄

Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2024

@Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_ I'm with you on the quiet activities to unwind and recharge. I love watching movies and going for walks when it's nice enough to do so outside as a way to transition into the weekend. Oftentimes I also like to get the body moving and do something physically active as a way to stay present and mindful while blowing off some steam.

Thanks for the prompt!

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2024

I realize it's Monday already, but I never had a chance to get to this message on Friday. I wind down on Fridays by watching tv shows that don't require any thought from meβ€”mostly the home or cooking channels. No who-done-its on Friday night.

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2024

Hi @Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_ sorry I'm late to the party as I'm recovering from the flu. My favorite thing to do to calm down after a busy week is to get some take out and watch a movie or a show on a Friday night. It's the best way to escape into a story and forget about the long week. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events