Atlassian Unofficial Discord Server - Live Chat Platform

Matt Cowley February 12, 2019

Hey Atlassian Community,

After having spoken to some of the Atlassian team on Twitter, there appeared to be some interest in having an unofficial community alternative to this site but with a different flow of conversation. Unlike the forums here, the Discord server is designed to be free-flowing with quick replies in a collection of text chat channels.

The community forums are great for longer questions and thread based discussion but sometimes you just have a quick question about Atlassian or one of the products and a live chat platform may be a better way to interact with the community to get the answer you need quickly.

Obviously, I do not know how active the Atlassian community is at large or how well a Discord server will ultimately work but having launched one for cdnjs.com, it has become a useful method for us to interact with some of our community and for them to help each other out and ask questions.

With this in mind, I have created a basic Discord server for Atlassian which I hope can be embraced by the community here alongside the existing community site as a new platform to interact with each other on. You can join now using https://discord.gg/jdGtvQV :)

I am absolutely open to any feedback and suggestions about the server or how it could be best used as well as any general questions about how Discord works or how to use the server itself.

Covering the Slack question that will likely be asked:

I chose Discord over Slack simply because I find that Discord has far better moderation control with roles and server/channel permissions. It is also a platform I am far more familiar with and it appears to be growing in popularity around the world as the go-to chat platform now.

Regards, Matt Cowley.
Community Manager @ cdnjs.com

2 comments

Comment

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Wow. I was surprised to see anybody on that server after this 2+ year-old post got zero replies.

How do people even find it? This thread?

Like Dave Liao likes this
Chris Robinson May 13, 2022

That's how I joined. Googled around and found this thread. 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2023

I agree (seeing this two years later) - I tried Googling the Discord server invite URL and it didn't even pop up on Reddit. 🫠

Morgan Hood November 18, 2022

hello!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events