cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Adventures

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2019

OMG I’m working too much, I didn’t notice it was my turn for Fun Friday

And on the subject of working too hard, I keep mulling over the idea of building some kind of adventure game inside Jira. Like the old style green screen days - yep I’m that old - where you answered a question or gave a simple command to move through the game. How about implementing it in the mother of all Jira workflows. And it looks just like you’re working.

possibilities?

5 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2019

There are some things that probably should not be shared.  Maybe when you're in a safe space, with your counsellor / psychiatrist / partner-who-REALLY-loves-you-despite-everything / etc.

Thank you for providing a safe space by setting a context that makes it ok to admit to this.  I'll keep the answer short, and skip the excuses.

I implemented most of "Hunt the Wumpus" in Jira.

Like # people like this
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2019

You should package that up for the Marketplace!

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2019

Hah hah! Classic!

Nice one Nic!

Like BiancaE likes this
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2019

@Tom Lister I now need to do this for Hamurabi. I had a deal with my dad...for every hour I spent learning Basic, Pascal, VisiCalc and Scripsit on his TRS-80 I could play Hamurabi or Oregon Trail for an hour. 

I can talk about it now, but mentioning it in junior high back in the early 1980's was inviting a beating on the playground. 

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2019

....and the first person to complete the game gets an all expenses paid, all access pass to Summit Las vegas! ;o)

Like BiancaE likes this
Deleted user January 31, 2019

@Tom Lister,

Going off onto a tangent, I would love to see a choose your own adventure JIRA project that only allows you to view one issue with the narrative passage written in the description field, with multiple issue links set up which you choose one of and move to the next passage in the narrative and so on......

Like BiancaE likes this
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

Twist ending: you've been playing the game all along. It's your job. YOU ARE A CHARACTER IN A JIRA VIDEO GAME! 

😲

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events