Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Tree Should Be Planted For This

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2023

It is true that I prefer the forest to the cities.
This probably started in childhood.
Where I lived as a boy the city had not caught up to us.  We had acres of woods to go through just to get to school, endless adventures when we were not in school. 
Plenty on the way there as well.
The woods gained further love and respect in me as my parents were camper and fishing enthusiasts, they passed their love of being in the woods on to myself, then my children and grandchildren.
I'm also lucky enough to live in a Country that has a great abundance of natural forest, and with most city plannings a mentality to include plenty of trees.
My retirement will be spent in the woods.

Having this Likes for Trees makes me smile and drives me to do my rock & roll duty to get as many in as possible.

Trees.  Forests.  Parks.  Woods.  Backyards.
Other than the obvious environmental motivator -> What's your driving force to keep the parking lot away.

9 comments

Comment

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2023

The environmental factor is key for me, but also the trees are we reconnect with nature. 🌲

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2023

When I was about 10 years old the city arrived.  The dirt road we lived on became a 4 lane avenue with on and off ramps to hwy 401 in Toronto connecting to the trans Canada.  Our landscape changed, our playgrounds became construction sites.
They tore down the woods, paved over the fields, put the ponds streams and creeks under the ground.
A small patch of woods was left snuggled between newly created streets lined with houses, mountainous apartment buildings blocking out the sky.
More woods destroyed to support the influx of people with places to shop and park. 
Malls... Malls everywhere!!
More parking lots.
For the dozens of children I had been close to and called friend, that small patch of woods became our refuge.

1000 a day to keep the parking lot away.

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2023

I love trees. As a young teen, my dad moved us girls to the county. We had woods behind us. No matter the time of year, you could find me wandering around. In Wisconsin winters, I would bundle up in a snow suit and just meditate in the forest. We would also skate among the trees in the river that ran through it. In summer, we rode bikes on the paths or just walked.  

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

That small patch of woods, is still there all these years later.  Some rich benefactor saved the land and had it turned into a park, maintained by the city of Toronto.  For that I am grateful, those woods held many firsts as I became a teenager.

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

And here's some dancing Mounties... AhYup in the woods.
A Tree Should be planed for this

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

Just a couple of guys watching those dancing Mounties.
Also in the woods.
Let's plant a tree for these guys too

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

Calming even now.
A Tree Should Be Planted For This

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2023

Plant a Tree

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2023

Seriously Plant A Tree

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2023

If everyone did this there would be a lot less parking lots.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events