Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your favorite community moments of 2023.... and clean up the ocean 🐠

100 comments

Comment

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2023

For me, the turning point was finally figuring out how to run a hybrid event that works for our chapter, I ran several experiments throughout the year but it became self-evident when we figured out how to make it work, after going through a year of trying and failing it feels good to have a breakthrough!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 20, 2023

The community holiday social is added to my list! Thanks @Caroline Park for a terrific event. 

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 9.46.40 AM.png

Like # people like this
David Bui-Ford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2023

We recently started a much-needed community for our ATPs. Thank you @Monique vdB and team for you help in setting it up.

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 11.14.07 AM.png

Like # people like this
Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2023

One of my top highlights was working with the Atlassian Creators in the community. There are so many talented, motivated, and inspiring individuals in that group that it made coming to work each day a joy. Also partnering with folks in the community to stand up our Live Learning ACE event chapter + two new kudos badges everyone can earn. Can't wait for the first live events starting in January!!!

Thanks @Monique vdB for the many incredible community moments of 2023!!

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 12.45.24 PM.png

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2023

Posting again!  I do love the Bite-size learning!  I love to keep my users engaged with Quick Tips in video format which I usually keep less than 2-minutes.  Users seem more inclined to look at those than read how-to docs, which I also enjoy with the bite-size learning.  It's a quick refresher (and some new stuff) that can be absorbed quickly.  Thank you!  🌊🦑🦈

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2023

What I liked about 2023 was I was able to share the solutions that I have provided in the Community to a wider network on LinkedIn via the share feature.

And not to forget, I got to attend my first Atlassian event at the Team'23.

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2023

Having my name listed in the "Leader of the Pack" emails for the first time was pretty cool for me in 23.  Hopefully I'll be able to continue the run.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2023

Adding the community social to my favs of the year too! Thank you @Caroline Park for the great event and for asking me to speak to promote the community leaders! 

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2023

All the great social interactions.
The pictures.
The stories.
Then of course there's all the solutions.

giphy

Like # people like this
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2023

I've only just started out in the Atlassian community but managed to attend two local community events. Really enjoyed all the interactions in the Cologne Community Group and love how passionate everyone is about their Atlassian journey.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2023

Not particularly visible or widely announced event, but re-joining the Community Advisory Board was my highlight.

For the more public events, I really liked the initiatives that encourage people to contribute by doing good things to the environment - I don't need to repeat what @Monique vdB mentioned about  Ocean Devotion and Likes for Trees? for example.

Oh, and some forewarning of how I may be answering this at the end of next year - Tuesday 2nd January is my 20th anniversary of being a Community member (the day I created an account and asked my first question)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 22, 2023

We're halfway there!  And truly one of my highlights of the year is this thread and hearing about your meaningful moments. 🤩

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 10.07.56 AM.png

Like # people like this
Janice
Community Manager
December 22, 2023

So, so many great experiences in 2023 during the short time I've been involved in the Atlassian Community. It's especially tough because this is one of the single most dedicated and involved communities I've had the pleasure of working with so it's like every moment brings something new.

Another favorite to call out is the opportunity to spend time alongside the truly special people that spend time in this space. I 100% feel like my life is richer for having to gotten to know the teeeny % of the members I have met with, and I really am looking forward to getting to know more of you in 2024. <3

Like # people like this
John Wylie December 22, 2023

Hello,

Favorite moment was discovering posting a few lines would remove plastic from the oceans. In the Navy I saw a lot of floating crap in the Pacific. I figured there was a lot more I didn't see. I am not a "greeny" by any stretch, just figured we should leave the earth a little better than we got it.  

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2023

Well it seems like we all need to post a little more to help clean up the ocean.  I guess we all better get busy before the end of the year and try and post daily.  

I met great people through Orbiit 1:1 meetup.  It was really cool to learn what others are doing, their special talents and accomplishments.  Looking forward to doing some more next year.

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2023

Apptober Fest was a lot of fun.

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2023

I have enjoyed all the additional kudos badges this year.

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 24, 2023

I've had a great time at the in-person community events I attended this year. It's been wonderful meeting some truly cool people and hearing a bunch of interesting stories. 💡

Like # people like this
Lucas_DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 25, 2023

For me, my favorite community moment in 2023 was the Apptoberfest in October. It was delightful to see so many people gathered around to celebrate and work together to give the most creative video ideas 🙌

Me and my team had lots of fun when making videos as well.

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2023

How could we forget all the new Kudos badges that came out this year.  There were new ones for Oceans, Trees, Careers, and Quizzes just to name a few.

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Rahul Pandita December 26, 2023

Hello Atlassian Community!

I'm Rahul Pandita, and I'm thrilled to join this vibrant space of collaboration and innovation.

With a passion for efficient project management and a knack for problem-solving, I've spent the past few years diving into the world of Agile and Atlassian tools. From Jira to Confluence, I've found joy in streamlining workflows and optimizing team productivity.

Let's connect, share insights, and explore the endless possibilities of Atlassian together. Whether it's solving challenges or discovering new tips and tricks, I'm here to learn and contribute to our collective success.

Looking forward to being a part of this dynamic community and collaborating with fellow Atlassian enthusiasts! Feel free to reach out, and let's make our projects as seamless as our introductions.

Cheers to effective collaboration!

Like carolyn french likes this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2023

Seeing Community Events pop up all over the world again is a fine accomplishment.  I look forward to one day attending one of them.

Like # people like this
BHUSHAN PATIL
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2023

I have been actively involved in the atlassian community for the past three months. The ❄️Ocean Cleanup❄️challenge stands out as truly excellent. It's incredibly inspiring to see so many individuals engage deeply in these meaningful causes.

Like # people like this
Jarda Skopal December 28, 2023

Hello Everbody!

I'm absolutely new to the whole Atlassian community and I did not plan on reminiscing about this past few months, but since it is for this wonderful purpose...

My favourite community moment in 2O23 was when I was accepted into it :) It made my learning process with Atlassian products so much easier! Most of the times I faced a problem or obstacle I would find an answer in the community or got it answered by those more experienced than me. I know thats like the basic thought behind this community-idea, but to know it really works is just great :)

Thanks for the help, thank you for this ocean cleanup initiative and I'll see ya'all in New Year!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2023

Great idea @Monique vdB !

For me there were many amazing community moments this year. Here is an unordered list of them:

• Participating in the Atlassian All-Stars Jeopardy games run by @Mark Cruth at Team '23
  • The community leader dinner at Team '23.
  • Attending the first AtlasCamp since 2019 in Copenhagen and reconnecting with so many old friends.
  • Getting so many positive reactions on my Boardgame related TeamWork posts (You can check them out here, here, and here).
  • Getting to catch up with @Darline Auguste multiple times this year!
  • Attending Atlassian Unleash in Amsterdam and hanging out with other community leaders!
  • Helping plant some trees and clean the ocean just a tiny bit.
  • All the random small moments that make me glad to be fully back and be part of this wonderful community.

Thanks for being a wonderful bunch you all!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events