Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Countdown Calendar 2019 - The Lost Days 4

brand-advent-smaller.png Because of size restrictions, I have to remove older portraits from the main article. But here they are again:

19.jpg

miles-256x256.png

Three quarters of the calendar are over, let's start the final phase with Miles Buckley - Miles, you are our number 19!

Miles is from Nevada City, California.

NevadaCity.jpg

(photo by Travis.Thurston under Attribution Share alike 3.0 Unported license  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada_City,_California#/media/File:NevadaCityCA95959c.jpg)

Miles, what is your role in the Atlassian universe?

Product marketing! Essentially, working between our customers and product teams to make sure we're building the right stuff. In the past 3 years I've worked across the Marketplace, Developer Platform, and now I'm currently looking after Cloud Migrations.

What is your favorite holiday treat?

Every year my family makes hundreds of little cookies called Fattigman, a traditional "poor man's cookie" from Norway. They're little fried dough twists that taste strongly of cardamom. They're pretty common in Nordic countries like Sweden, Iceland, Norway, Denmark... which is bizarre because my family is all from England/France and we have no idea where the tradition started. Still, every year we spend all day frying them and then fight over who gets the biggest tin home.

Fattigman_with_flecks_of_cardamom.jpg

(picture by "Mycoleptodiscus" under Attribution Share alike 3.0 Unported license  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fattigman_with_flecks_of_cardamom.jpg)

I know these kind of cookies quite well. My Grandma from Southern Germany made them every year during carnival season. We call them "Scherben", that's German for shards.

And last but not least: what's your favorite holiday movie?

It's "Scream" - a classical horror movie released Christmas 1996.

Scream_movie_poster.jpg

That's what I call a contrast to the usual christmas movies! Unusual but why not :-) 

Thank you Miles for taking part in our calendar project. Happy holidays to you, your friends and family, lots of fattigmans, some frightening moments (of course only watching the movie) and a happy new year 2020! 

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events