Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: What can you watch again, & again, & again?

68 comments

Comment

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

I have a hard time rewatching or re-reading things I've already seen/read but Clue might be up there.

Like # people like this
Mia Paulin March 31, 2023

I agree. Tim Curry is a good actor.

Like # people like this

I remember reading Midnight, but I can't remember what is was about.  But, If you liked Midnight, you'll love The Bad Place.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

@Viktoriya Borisova this one is a great prompt! I am a serial re-watcher and re-reader and my wife HATES that about me!

I’ll pick one from each genre:

• TV: The West Wing. I could watch all of the episodes straight over a few months and then go right back to the start.
  • Movies: The original Star Wars Trilogy (as documented in the Community many times by me). I could watch all 3 movies straight and then go right back. In the same day. 3 times each!
  • Books: Catcher in the Rye, The Fountainhead, The Great Gatsby. I have read each multiple times and enjoy them like the first time every time. 
Like # people like this

My husband likes anything on YouTube.  Mostly current events and things about science and technology.  Things about outer, space, physics, biochemistry, and his university of choice is YouTube. Very educated man.  He's also a genius.  Literally a prodigy.

Like # people like this

The last part was serious.  He actually is educated, is a genius and a prodigy.  He's just YouTube obsessed.

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

I liked it enough, but not enough to pick back up - haha! At some point, I'd love to find a choir to join. @Mia Paulin 

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

Great question @Viktoriya Borisova! For me, I could go on forever but since I'm short on time I'll stick with the Harry Potter series and The Hangover series! 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

@Mia Paulin - on my list now! I think I started Dragon Tears years ago, but couldn't get into it...

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

I'm going to cheat a bit and expand into books as well as screen (albeit some of my screen stuff is absolutely book based)

I like horror films, very much on the spooky or supernatural side, with a good dose of psychological ones.  So I revisit some.

There are a handful of things based on Clive Barker's and Neil Gaiman's stories that I go back to sometimes.

Anything by pTerry Pratchett, TV versions or books. 

Anything Addams.  Even the terrible one where Tim Curry did his best with an execrable script (Sorry @Mia Paulin - Curry is brilliant, but sometimes, you just can't rescue it.  It's only watchable because Tim dragged it up, and whoever played Lurch and Thing did it well)

Nic and Morty!  Wubalubadubdub!  (Oh, sorry, um, I'm Nic, we named our latest cat Morticia, after Morticia Addams, and she's my cat, according to her).  I mean "Rick and Morty", of course.

A peculiarly UK-focused sitcom (I say the UK, because "British" is horribly complex and I can't be bothered to write the essay.  The sitcom only really applies to the two countries, the principality and province that make up the main parts of the UK) - "Yes (prime) Minister" is a work of genius.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2023

Fun topic! There are quite a few movies/videos that I can and do watch over and over...

• Groundhog day every February 2nd
  • Christmas Vacation every December
  • Action films: Star Wars, Bourne series, etc
  • Love Actually
  • A number of woodworking videos on YouTube 
Like # people like this
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2023

@Jack Brickey Woodworking videos are always fun. Do you have any channel recommendations? 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

Mine would be Bridge on the River Kwai. Can't get the whistling out of my head even now. 

And any Indiana Jones or Narnia movie.

Bridget on the River Kwai.png

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023
Like # people like this
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

@Jack Brickey 

Thanks for that! Even though I don't have the space to pursue a woodworking hobby, it is still on my bucket list and always soothing to watch.

Here are some of the channels that I am subscribed to:

I would love to have a house with a big shed/garage so I can have a woodworking and motorcycle shop. Combine it with a home gym and I will be a happy man :)  

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

@Paul Wiggers , great sites. I see you like hand tool shows. Let's add Roy Underhill's Woodwright's shop to the list. Growing up in North Carolina I always enjoyed his PBS show. His shop is just up the road from me where he filmed some of the episodes and teachs classes. Sadly this has or will come to and end soon.

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2023

I don't know why but HP is my go to repeat movie.  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

Oh boy! Good one. Princess Bride for sure!

Napoleon Dynamite is also another good one for me.

Like # people like this
Fede Baronti -Deiser-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

Great post!! 

I could rewatch a lot of movies and series, but my go-tos are simple:

- Kevin Smith's movies - all of them, including the bad ones and the "An Evening with Kevin Smith" specials. 

- ESPN 30 for 30s: documentaries about sports events, players, and the stories behind them. "Survive and Advance" - about NC State ("The Wolfpack") and how they won the NCAA Championship. Great storytelling. There are a lot more of those, which I've seen several times too: The Fab Five, Phi Slama Jama, You don't know Bo, Fantastic Lies, and many more. These are all a must, with incredible rewatch potential. 

Like # people like this
Sidar Yarar April 6, 2023

I could watch the movies of Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks over and over again. 

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2023

Can watch Hogan's Heroes over and over again.

Like # people like this
Mia Paulin April 7, 2023

Yes, I can. I love Hogan's Heroes!

Like # people like this
Malini Naidu April 20, 2023

Gilmore Girls, any day!!

Like # people like this
Michael McIntosh April 28, 2023

Early Stephen King books are way better than we get today, always looking for suggestions on similar themes.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2023

@Michael McIntosh - yes! The beginning of King's Dark Tower series was so strong, then... ehh. 🙃

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events