Friday Fun: What can you watch again, & again, & again?

Woohoo it's Friday Fun Day 🎉 (and the first one I've published 💙)

I loooove watching something I've already seen. Sometimes it can be as deep as wanting to mediate on the theme of a story, or as simple as having a short break and wanting to watch something I know I'll enjoy. One of my favorite moments is when I start noticing new aspects of something I'm already so familiar with. 🙂

giphy-2.gif

Here are my recent repeats: 

Movie

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 10.35.59 PM.png

(A classic! From the music, to the visuals, to the theme of stepping up even when you're terrified - It's all beautiful 🥹)

Audiobook 

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 10.35.28 PM.png

(I was very impressed by the way Chelsea was able to balance grief, humor, anger, and growth in this book. I have probably relistened to it +5 times.)

Youtube

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 10.48.23 PM.png

(There's something soooo intriguing to me about the playful and debate-like dynamic between Adam Grant, a psychologist, and Malcolm Gladwell, an author. It's such a pleasure to watch.)

Live Concert Recordings

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 11.06.54 PM.png

(Stromae is iconic. If you haven't already watched this concert, I think you know what you need to do now. 👀 If you need quick recs, start with  0:20:53, 0:41:47, or 1:27:28)

❤️ These were a lot of fun to pull up and share.

I'm curious to hear what your recent repeats are! If movies/shows/videos are not your thing, is there something you enjoy rereading or relistening?

Hope each of you have a cozy weekend!!

giphy-1.gif

68 comments

Comment

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

I saw "The last dance" three times! It gives a lot of inspiration

The Last Dance (2020) - Netflix | Flixable

Like # people like this
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

There isn't much that I can re-watch multiple times. If I do, it's mostly because of nostalgics. 

• Indiana Jones movies. We don't talk about the Crystal Skull.
  • James Bond movies
  • Once upon a time in the west
  • Sergio Leone Westerns
  • Harry Potter movies
  • Lord of the Rings movies

Music however, that is a whole different story. Perhaps for another Friday Fun.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

Great topic @Viktoriya Borisova!

First, I agree with basically everything @Paul Wiggers listed.  In addition, I would add the Star Wars movies to that list.

Also I would add one of my personal favorites: Power Rangers, it's formulaic, it's silly and I don't have to think when I watch it which can be great at the end of the day.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

For many years, the movie Big with Tom Hanks was a favorite comfort re-watch. I haven't watched it in a few years, but now that my daughters are taking piano lessons I've been thinking it's time to show them just for the piano scene, haha!

I'm not a big fan of re-reading adult books, but I'm grateful for both my time as a Kindergarten teacher, as well as the last 12 years of parenting, which give me lots of opportunities to re-read favorite picture books (and now chapter books.) My 8 year old got a collection of Roald Dahl books for Christmas and it's been a lot of fun revisiting some favorite childhood books with her. We recently finished Matilda (and then watched the Netflix musical and the 90s movie), and are now reading The BFG. 

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

The movies I can watch over and over again:

and almost any movie with Tom Cruise! #hatersgonnahate

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023
Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

@Viktoriya Borisova What a fine topic for your first friday-fun, kudos incoming ...

Like # people like this
Saralie S.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 31, 2023

@Dave Mathijs Tom Cruise is awesome! 

Weirdly, @Viktoriya Borisova  something I watched way too many times but LOVE is the movie Contagion (2011)! The back story goes: we just moved to a new house and had a free 3 month trial of HBO with our cable (remember those days?). A movie that always played was Contagion, and I'd learn a new easter egg every time I watched it. Looking back, especially after the pandemic, I think Contagion was too mild in the population's reaction to a pandemic. And Matt Damon & Kate Winslet were phenomenal!

download.jpg

Like # people like this
Mia Paulin March 31, 2023

I liked watching Hoodwinked!  It's a remake of Little Red Riding Hood but it's hilarious.  I first watched it with my niece and nephews and have been addicted to it ever since.  That and Mike the Night that came on Nickelodeon.  I can watch Vampire Hunter D repeatedly(It's Anime- a classic), and Akira.  I also like the movie Ghost in the Shell.  Now, granted, this is me being more of a hobbyist:  by that I mean I would rather oil paint, write poetry when my writer's block eventually goes away or play renditions of my favorite rock songs on my acoustic guitar than watch movies, but movies and tv are cool.  Especially for an artistic because to quote Ani DeFranco "Art imitates life; life imitates TV".  So, either works out great for me.

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

If Shawshank Redemption, I'll watch it to the end.  "Why do they call you Red?" "Because I'm Irish!".

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

For me? Lots and lots of Star Trek.

• Star Trek: The Next Generation
  • Star Trek: Deep Space 9
  • Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

And most of Doctor Who!

Like # people like this

I love Dr. Who!  He had the best life!  No one else could travel different worlds and dimensions in a phone booth and make it look so cool!  I mean, traveling through time and space in a phone booth is cool in and of itself, but he did it with such finesse, style and grace.  I think he is literally one of my personal heroes!(That is not an exaggeration.)

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

Looking forward to the upcoming incarnations of the Doctor - David Tennant again? Yes, please!

Like # people like this

The Shawshank Redemption was deep.  The two main characters did a phenomenal job, and that was the teamwork that made the dream work.  It had a happy ending.  The struggle was real and the survived it and came out on top in the end.  Even if it was out of prison.  The movie touched me.

Like # people like this

Any incarnation of the Doctor!

Like # people like this

I also liked the Prestige.  That was Hugh Jackman, I think.  I'm weird and artsy, so artistic and films that are nearing the indie variety appeal to me and peak my interest.  I know that was a box office hit, but from an artistic standpoint, it was wonderfully made.  I really enjoyed that movie.  

Like # people like this

As far as books go, I like Anne Rice's Vampire series, some of Edgar Allen Poe's short stories and poetry(other than the Raven). Fall House of Usher, Mask of the Red Death, the Pit and the Pendulum.  I had a copy of Mary Shelly's Frankenstein, but a hurricane named my husband went through my house and needless to say it was washed away with the tide.  But, the book is better than the movie.  So is Bram Stoker's Dracula.  There is a book of short stories by a Haitian Author name Edridge Danticut called "Krick Krack" that talks about the struggles of women in Haiti and it's really good.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

@Mia Paulin - yes! I'm a fan of a lot of Anne Rice's work (may she rest in peace) too!

Like # people like this

She passed away? I didn't know. Did you ever read her angel series?  I can't believe she passed away.  That was one of the people who inspired me to start writing when I was a teenager.  That's heartbreaking.  Who else's stuff do you read?

Like # people like this

@Dave Liao What are your thoughts on Dean Koontz?  The old Dean Koontz from 20+ years ago?

Like # people like this

@Amanda Barber You play piano?  How long have you been playing?

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

@Mia Paulin - no, I played clarinet for a few years, but didn't continue anything musical aside from shower and car karaoke... 🎤

My husband played piano for many years and our daughters have been playing for about a year now. 🎹

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

@Mia Paulin - I think I only know the old Dean Koontz - loved his works from the 80's/90's!

Lightning was one that was really trippy. And Midnight!

Like # people like this

@Amanda Barber You should really pick it back up.  Clarinet and music in general is a great way to express yourself.  I started out playing violin in 5th grade until 8th grade and then picked up guitar.  I play by ear, can't write my own music and can't read it.  But, neither could Jimi Hendrix.  Did you like clarinet?

Like # people like this

@Dave Liao Ever read the Bad Place?  It's a mind blower.  It's one of the first books by him I've ever read.  Dragon Tears is a good one, too.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events