Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: Useless Skills

Another time to welcome a Fri-yay, especially for those of us who get a long weekend for Oestre.
When I signed up for this one, it was just after someone tried to Rickroll me and failed.  It made me think about the other pretty much useless skills I seem to have.

My current list is:

So, does anyone else have any useless skills?

21 comments

Comment

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Haha, good one @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  and happy föstudagur!

I put my tools away super quick - even before I need to use them again, like 3 min later. Therefore, I have to go get them and put them away again...

KGM

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Good question. I can memorize car plates.I used to commute long distances and that became my (very useless) skill.

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2023

Oh, I have so many hidden talents/skills, but that's the problem, they're hidden.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2023

I take care of any leftover donuts that might not have been consumed in the morning. No sense letting those go to waist waste with no one eating them or have to throw them away. That's a skill - right? Please? Anybody got a donut? 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2023

HAHA!  @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I love it!

I have one that gets used more than any other.  I am the product of a right-handed father & a left-handed mother.  At the dinner table I'm ambidextrous with cutlery so I can adapt to most situations not to bump elbows with others.

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2023

When driving I can unscrew a pop (soda) bottle, hold the cap and bottle in the same hand, take a drink, then put the cap back on the bottle all one handed.

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2023

I have an appropriately annoying earworm for every possible situation.

Like # people like this
Robert S Levy April 7, 2023

I have a sitcom or movie quote for almost any conversation. I don't know if it is a skill buy it's all I got. 

Like # people like this
Robert Mullins April 7, 2023

I can take my contacts out and put them in again without a mirror.  Truly useless...

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

Similar to @Carlos Garcia Navarro, my brain is terribly good at remembering license plates. Or phone numbers. And pretty useless celebrity gossip. Unfortunately, on the opposite side of things I am terrible at remembering details of our family travels. Which for me is awesome, as I can easily travel to the same destination twice and have the same level of fun discovering. But I know some people would love if that was better divided 😃 

Like # people like this
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

Dismantle working toys/gadgets and see what's inside them. 

Like # people like this
Teodora V
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2023

I love this topic @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Sadly, it resonates on so many levels! 

My brain has the particular ability to remember all types of things. But the kinds of things I'm not sure I will ever need, like a bruise on the stone positioned at the corner of a building; the clothes someone was wearing ten years ago; lyrics of ANY song that stuck in my head (no matter if I like it or not).

At the same time, I cannot remember or make a logical conclusion about math sequences or physics, chemistry, or memorize historical dates. 

And when someone asks me, "But how is this possible, you remember so much?!"
Well, because I primarily remember useless stuff and use all the bandwidth! 

Like # people like this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2023

My useless skill:  I know the Spanish phrases from this YouTube video by heart:  One Semester of Spanish Love Song 

"Me gusta la biblioteca" = "I love the library."  I do not in fact love the library; haven't been to one in 10+ years.

"Me casa es roja" = "My house is red."  My house is most definitely not red and I do not know how to say any other colors in Spanish.

Like # people like this
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2023

It's like I have ESPN or something. My <insert safe for work body parts> can always tell when it's going to rain. Well… they can tell when it's raining.

Mean Girls - Karen Is Kinda Psychic

Like # people like this
Markku Miettunen April 13, 2023

I can navigate from the stars - not very useful in a city with a lot of lights. In addition, I live in Finland where we have midnight sun in the summer, meaning that no stars are visible in the sky :)

Like # people like this
Chris Iacovelli April 13, 2023

I can write my name, with both hands, at the same time, upside down, and backwards.

This is "my milkshake" that brings all the boys and girls to the yard!

mic.png

Like # people like this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2023

I can do this  Voluntary Nystagmus with both eyes at the same time 👁️ 👁️

Nystagmus GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Like # people like this
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2023

I can disappoint anyone

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2023

I can make beautiful paintings by pouring paint out of a cup! 
painting4.jpg

Like # people like this
Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2024

I can remember the car license plates and identification documents of everyone I know, I don't know if it's entirely a useless skill.

Like WW likes this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2024

Is putting a bunch of sunflower seeds in your cheek, and then moving one at a time over to your front teeth and shelling it, eating the seed and spitting out the shell then moving the shell to the other cheek with the other spent shells a useless skill?

Like WW likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events