Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian criminal use

Андрей October 14, 2021

Hello.
A user of the Atlassian platform uses it to send spam with blackmail and extortion. This user's address is:

jira@trans-l3eerf55.atlassian.net

Смогут ли руководители Atlassian сотрудничать с полицией в расследовании обвинений в шантаже и вымогательстве?

What is the security team doing to keep Atlassian from being used for criminal purposes?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thales Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2021

Hello Андрей,

I have reported this internally to the Anti Abuse team, if they need more information they will probably reach out to you.

Regards,

Thales

Андрей October 15, 2021

Thanks, Thales .

The address in Atlassian from which spam comes from, I have provided. I can send the entire text of the letter, rather vague in content, designed to be sent to everyone indiscriminately, it is in Russian, through a google translator it is translated quite well into English.

Can Atlassian management provide me with the email and other details of this person, or does this require a prosecutor's approval? Is the sanction of the Russian prosecutor suitable or for me to act through interpol?

Андрей (Andrew).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events