Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

include "from address" in trello cards

Rosa October 25, 2018

I am using the board email to create new cards and have shared it with a handful of people to create my team's "incoming" board.  It works great except I cant tell who sent the request.  Some people use signature lines and we have asked folks to sign their requests, but changing behavior is hard... any chance there is a way to track the "from" address when creating a new card from email? 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2018

@Rosa each member of a board has a unique email to board address, which can be configured to put the cards in different lists.

Instead of sharing the same email with everyone, add them to the board and ask them to login, copy their email to board address and save that as their contact to send to, then create an inbound list for each person.

Rosa October 26, 2018

Thanks, this does work for my current group, but definitely makes this process less scalable.  Now I cant just share an email address that they can have handy if they need it.  I have to count on them to take some additional action.  Given that I am struggling for them to sign their name to the email, this is pretty limiting.  I appreciate the suggestion. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2018

@Rosa I created a product called Benko Board that integrates Gmail with Trello, if you had this setup on your Gmail account and created an address like trello@yourdomain.com then you could automatically label emails "To Trello" or something and have Benko Board map those to a given list/board.

Benko Board gives you control over the format of the title of the card, for example allowing you to include the from address in the title. You can see more about Benko Board here:

http://www.benkoboard.com/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events