Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the 'download' link not available for a Trello user but for others?

Jackie Brown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 2, 2017

I created a Trello board for a client, added some documents (PDFs, JPEGs, etc.). She doesn't have the option to download the documents. See screenshot attached. What could be the cause of that? Maybe her IT group is blocking Amazon servers?image001.png

1 answer

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2017

Different browsers handle that link differently depending on their version, the kind of file, and local settings about how to handle those files—when the browser allows for it, the 'Open in new tab' button will change to a 'Download' button.

However, if you right-click on the "open in a new tab" link, you should see the option to download the file or save it. That will allow you to save the attachment locally.

Jackie Brown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2017

Thank you Torben!

Janel Kane
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 26, 2018

I am having the same issue. Last week I could download from a card, now I have only the open in a new tab arrow in a square icon. I tried right clicking this and have the option to save the link- not download the content. This does not work for me. this is a major pain in the backside as we use trello to collect and assemble many pieces that I need to download to use. I don't want to have to open 20 attachments before I can save them, especially since three of them are from for a program that my computer does not have, I will not be able to open to save it. This is very disappointing.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2018

Hey all,

At this point you'll need to right-click on the preview or "open in new tab" links and use the download option from your browser.

image.png

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events