Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to Login into Dropbox on Trello

Edited

I just added Dropbox to Trello with the  "Add Power Ups" button. When I click on Dropbox, and then "Choose a file or folder," it takes me to the login window. When I click on "Sign In" nothing happens. I have also manually added Trello as a Connected App in my Dropbox account.

See attached screenshots.

I've already gone into my browser preferences and unchecked the "Prevent cross-site tracking option" as Trello suggested I do. This option wouldn't make sense as I'm trying to use the Trello desktop app. I actually can use Dropbox in Trello in my browser no problems. But I really need to have it in the Desktop app.

I've also already tried un-installing and re-installing Trello as well.

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 11.50.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-22 at 11.06.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-22 at 11.49.03 AM.png

2 answers

Hey, same problem here on Win10, impossible to connect DropBox from the app. This is a real problem in the flow-work and make the app unusable for me.

1 vote
Alex Waite Atlassian Team Dec 22, 2021

Hey Tim, Dropbox is having issues on our desktop app. I've explained more here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/qa-p/trello-questions

Is there a fix currently or we just have to wait?

Hey @Tim Kusel - it's the latter I'm afraid. Will have to see if after New Years Dropbox will finally accommodate our security changes. 

Okay. I was on the phone with Dropbox support earlier regarding this matter and they seemed unaware of what was causing this issue. I tried using the Dropbox power up with the Trello website on my browser and it seemed to work just fine. 

So it seems that it's just the Trello desktop app that's having issues integrating Dropbox

Hi @Tim Kusel - hmm, that's frustrating, I'm sorry they said that. We've referred various users with your issue to Dropbox, and we've had varying responses from Dropbox support, some have had engineers not aware of any problem, some have had engineers aware of the problem but saying Dropbox won't fix it, some acknowledging that Dropbox needs to make the fix, etc. 

We're aware the issue is only on desktop, not web, so I'd use web for the time being if you need to integrate with Dropbox.

We're working on this daily at Trello Support - we understand how frustrating it is and I don't like that our users are having to deal with this issue between two companies. 

A lot of our engineers are on leave over the holidays but I've escalated this thread to them so they're aware that Dropbox still haven't investigated/fixed the bug on their side. I can't guarantee any sort of ETA - but please know we are pushing for a fix as soon as possible. 

Like Tim Kusel likes this

@Alex Waite any updates on this problem?

Alex Waite Atlassian Team Jan 09, 2022

@Tim Kusel - Dropbox has said they'll work on the issue this quarter, they have no ETA for a fix. 

Ok thanks for getting back

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristjan Geir Mathiesen - Origo for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend...

506 views 19 19
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you