Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello add on for gmail

Yonna D November 14, 2018
I added the Trello add on to my gmail but when I try to add cards the attachments don’t show up in my cards. Can someone help?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

Hi @Yonna D Did you follow the steps outlined in this article when adding the Gmail add-on? There is a great little video that demonstrates:

https://blog.trello.com/tame-your-inbox-new-trello-add-on-for-gmail

If you already followed these steps and it is still not working, are you getting any error messages? Did you refresh your board?

Thanks and talk to you soon,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2018

Hi @Yonna D is it working for you now?

Thanks,

Jodi

Joseph Brygider March 7, 2019

Hi @Jodi LeBlanc , I'm new here, so hope I'm not doing this wrong. I am running into the issue described, using the Trello extension for Gmail. Using the add-on will add a card to Trello with the email text, as expected. But any attachments to the email are not included on the card. Is this by design, or am I missing something? TIA!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2019

Hi @Joseph Brygider I did a bit of research but could not find anything related to attachments and trello extension for gmail. I did however find a great work around from the community that will allow you to create cards from your gmail and will add the attachments to the card. Here is the link and have a look at the response steps:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/I-would-like-to-be-able-attach-an-email-to-a-card/qaq-p/785544

Hope this helps.

Jodi

Joseph Brygider March 8, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc , thanks for the quick reply. I have learned about the workaround ("sending" an email to a card or board), but that adds a couple of steps to my workflow - much easier to assign it right out of the gmail extension. But this should work, and I do appreciate your help!

Dylan Taylor January 11, 2020

I just added email extension and the trello badge does not show up on the right side of Gmail as promised, inbox or in emails.

I work only on a PC does this only work in phone or tablet?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events