Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Add-in for Microsoft Outlook - Creating Cards with Email Attachments

Robert Murphy June 28, 2022

Last week, multiple users in our organization began experiencing an issue when trying to create Trello Cards from Outlook using the Trello Add-in.  

When a user attempts to create a Trello Card from Outlook using the Outlook Trello Add-in, and selects "Include email attachments" - the user gets the error message: "Sorry, your card could not be added to Trello, Try again!!"

If the user does not select to include the attachment, the card is created.  Users can also create cards from Outlook email messages which do not have attachments.

The problem seems to be centered around creating cards to include the email attachment(s). The type of attachment does not matter. It can be a PDF or a Word document. It will not work when trying to create a card from an email for any kind of attachment.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?  I reported it to Trello but they referred me to Microsoft (trelloaddin@service.microsoft.com).  I reported this and other issues to this email address but I don't get a response.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Murphy September 1, 2022

Yes, this is what I received:

----

Retirement of Trello & Yelp add-ins for Outlook

MC419386 · Published Aug 24, 2022

Service

Microsoft 365 Apps

Tag

RETIREMENT

USER IMPACT

Message Summary

The following Outlook add-ins are being retired:

• Trello - allows the user to create, edit, and comment on Trello boards without leaving the inbox.
  • Yelp - allows the user to find and share great business around quickly through mail.

Note: If your users do not utilize either of these add-ins, you can safely disregard this message.

When this will happen:

December 15, 2022

How this will affect your organization:

If users are utilizing the Trello or Yelp add-ins, they will no longer be available in the store or function, after this change. For users of the Trello add-in, this will not impact data in Trello only the integration with Outlook.

What you can do to prepare:

Communicate this change with users as appropriate.

---

This is so disappointing!  This integration has been extremally helpful in improving my work and operating less out of my email inbox - referring to Cal Newport's book "A World Without Email".  This is probably why Microsoft is retiring it, they feel threatened!

If you do a Google search regarding the best Outlook Add-ins, the Trello Add-in is always in the list!  Numerous YouTube videos recommend it.  Microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot with this decision.

I've always been a strong advocate of Microsoft products - I can't tell you how much this decision makes me sick.

Elbert Garcia November 14, 2022

Does anyone know if there is a hack or solution for the retirement of this plugin. Cause its been so important to organizing my work and projects…

4 votes
Erik Motato June 28, 2022

Having this issue as well, one of our departments tracks their issues via trello and would love to find out if there is a solution for this.

Robert Murphy June 28, 2022

Did you report the issue to the Microsoft email address?

Kai En Lam June 29, 2022

I have same issue as well, just emailed Microsoft quoting this exact thread

Damon Campbell June 29, 2022

Kia ora Everyone - I have also emailed about this to the address above as my CEO has the same issue.

If emails don't have attachments and/or you untick the included attachments option it works but anything with attachments - no go...

Matthias July 5, 2022

same here!

Erik Motato July 7, 2022

I have reported to the e-mail address and have gotten no response from Microsoft.

Like Michelle B likes this
Kai En Lam July 7, 2022

Same here, I didn't get any reply from Microsoft too. 

KTapin July 11, 2022

I have the same problem. Did anyone get a response?!?

Lucille Eve July 11, 2022

I have also not received any response from either Microsoft and it seems as though Atlassian do not have any representatives on this forum that can assist us!

Like casquic likes this
Erik Motato July 11, 2022

No response as of today, will update if I hear anything, will appreciate if any of y'all hear about a solition for this issue elsewere. 

Like casquic likes this
Robert Murphy July 11, 2022

I've still not received a response from Microsoft.  I also found a discussion tread on Microsoft's Community for Outlook on this issue.  No resolution.

Like # people like this
Kathryn Kochenower July 16, 2022

experiencing the same problem with no solution yet. Very frustrating. 

Like casquic likes this
casquic July 28, 2022

upvote

Roland Keller August 17, 2022

Upvote

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events