Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

The new Filter menu is blank

Edited

When I click on the Filter button, the full menu does not appear. 

trello.JPG

For context, the full menu that should be shown is below:

tre.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Raymond Wang Atlassian Team Oct 15, 2021

Hi @ecortez, this looks like a bug! Would you mind sending this along in the "Contact support" form at the bottom of this page? I know it sounds a bit redundant, but that flow gives us some better tools for looking into what went wrong here, and could help us figure out the solution to your issue most quickly.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reaching out!

@Raymond Wang - Thanks for responding. Is it an intermittent one because I tried replicating this but it works fine. Any clues?

Hi @ecortez ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Could you please elaborate your query? I can understand from the screenshot you have clicked the filter button but what are you expecting and not getting such results?

The full Filter menu should be shown, like below:

tre.JPG

For a different board, when I press the filter button, nothing is shown:

trello.JPG

I just created a sample board to test this and it even worked there. Can you please check or spot any difference with your other boards?

Please please please set the filters back to the way they were before.  There is no way to combine filters with an "AND" anymore :( which for me, makes trello mostly unusable from a filtering perspective.  There is little point in having the ability to apply more than one label to a trello card if there is not a way to filter on more than one label at a time.

I see no benefit to this change.  The UI is harder to work with and functionality is worse than before.  Please reconsider this change.

Like Scott Muir likes this

Ah...I see, I have to click exact match to filter with an "AND"

still not a fan of this change from a usability standpoint.  It is more clicks.

Like Scott Muir likes this

Whoa...you took them away.  Just as I was getting used to them.  Lol.  Oh well.  

Big fan of trello...I can manage with either way as long as the filtering functionality works.

I spoke to soon.  I have trello opened in 2 browser windows...both showing the same board...one shows the old filter, the other shows the new filter.  

Here's a screen grab of 2 boards, notice same board but different filtering options in different browser windows - both using chrome, both pointing at the same board?!?!?!?!

BothFilters_2021-10-20_11-49-54.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,410 views 28 42
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you