Still receiving email notifications though frequency set to 'never'

Matt August 15, 2017

I had set my Notification Email Frequecy to 'Immediately' for a while, but it got to be too much (especially on boards where I'm the only user).

I set the frequency first to 'Periodically' and then to 'Never', but still receive notifications for every change, right away.

User error? Is there a second place I should be changing a setting?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2017

Hi Matthew,

If you've got that frequency preference set to 'Never,' Trello certainly shouldn't be sending you anything. I have a hunch that Trello isn't sending those notifications. Do you maybe use an Outlook-based email, such as Outlook itself, or an online version like Outlook 365?

Outlook products have an integration available called the Office Connector, that is capable of sending its own notifications, regardless of your Trello email settings. If you look in Outlook's settings, can you try disabling that and seeing if that stops those notifications?

Otherwise, I'd ask you to write in at https://trello.com/contact with a screenshot of one of those notifications, and we'll get to the bottom of things.

Matt August 17, 2017

100% right! That was it.

Outlook (web version in my case). All I needed to do was, as you said, disable a Connector in the Settings -> Manage Connectors menu (nb., not an Add-in which I had also tried disabling).

Problem solved. Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events