Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Custom field on front of card based on lists?

Vadim Gritsak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2019

I would like to see a custom field setting to filter specific custom fields that populate the face of the cards based on the list the card is associated to. If card is selected all custom fields are still there. For Example:

List 1: New Client: All cards in this list are Custom filtered to show only select custom field(s): (Appointment date, Client Name, etc..on the front of the card.

List 2: Production: All cards in this list are unfiltered & show all custom field(s) on the front of the card.

List 3: Completed: All cards in this list are filtered to not show any custom fields on the front of the card.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2019

@Vadim Gritsak custom fields are avalable on a per board basis. Custom field values are shown on the front of the card, only if the value is set. You can't edit values on the front of the card.

All available fields are shown on the back of the card at all times, for a given board.

The only way to modify how this is presented would be to build something like a Chrome extension that modifies the interface once it is loaded, which would be quite an undertaking.

Can I ask what the motivation is here? What workflow are you trying to achieve?

Vadim Gritsak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2019

@Iain DooleyI'm working on developing Trello Boards for multi-department communications & project management solutions for the company that I work for. 

I'm familiar with custom fields, and how they work. This question was posted in hopes for a new feature to be developed in the custom fields. I'm looking to improve the relevant information that custom fields can display on the face of the card.

The work flow I've created is as follows: 

There are multiple boards that are divided by department Example: (Sales, General Management, Estimating, Design, Production, Collections, etc...) 

Each card represents a (Client/Project/Contract), these cards are duplicated throughout the different boards and linked together as "trello Attachments". 

Each department board is responsible for it's own lists, and custom fields that they manage. The cards are shuffled through lists depending on what phase the project may be on in that particular department.

This is where I'd like to see relevant Custom fields filtered to be shown on the front of the card based on which list the card is under. My cards become lengthy if I show all custom fields on the front, which I need at one point or another. Additionally, hiding the custom field eliminates the irrelevant info displayed in the "trello attachments" across other department boards if the project has phased out (moved to another list). 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events