Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Workspace + Combined To-Do Lists= Chaos. Any Tips?

Katie Collins August 16, 2023

Hey everyone,

I'm Kate, an EA, trying to bring peace to my start-up team by dialing our organization.

One of my boss's main pain points right now is that in Trello, the platform we share our workspace, everyone's to-do list is now combined.

This is confusing and gives everyone anxiety, as everyone has to dig to find which task is theirs. 

Is there any way I can change this so that people can have their respectful to-do list? 

Thank you in advance :) 

2 answers

1 vote
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2023

Hi Katie, 

The beauty of Trello is you can build it in any way you like. Trello doesn't dictate or define 'how' you do things.  However, for new users, this level of openness, the blank canvas  that is Trello can be daunting. 

What you are asking for is almost certainly doable in Trello, you can easily shape Trello to fit your needs

There are lots of resources and people to turn to in the Trello community and ecosystem.

I am recommending to as many people as possible to complete the free Trello Fundamentals provided by Atlassian. This can really help you get up to speed with the what and why of Trello as well as insights into how best to use it.  

I recommend looking at Trello Templates to see if there is a template out there that gives you what you need.  If you have a problem you are trying to solve in Trello, no doubt you aren't alone.

I also recommend looking through the available resources on the Trello Blog 

You can find handy videos on YouTube, particularly from Trello and @Brittany Joiner 

https://www.youtube.com/@trello
https://www.youtube.com/@britt_joiner

Lastly, there is nothing like explaining your problem to a Trello expert, of which there is a small and dedicated group of them who in a short amount of time will be likely to give you solutions to your problems and remove those anxieties from your day to day business.  Check out this link for some details:

Trello Consultants Right Here In The Community! - Atlassian Community 

0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2023

Hey @Katie Collins! I'm unsure how things are operating right now within your organization, but if you want to split the work of your colleagues, you could transform all board lists on the same board into individual boards and then relate this work back to the original board, so the upper-management can have visibility of the work that is being done. Have you tried this approach? Alternatively, you can use the board filters to filter only the cards assigned to you or other members, making identifying which task is assigned to who more accessible. Give it a try, and I hope this information helps, Katie! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events