Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule of copying a card to another board under a trigger appears not working

Rafus Kie January 21, 2021

Dear Experts, please help 

I have a Board 01 where I created the following rule:

when a card with the red "check" label is created in the board by anyone (I tried also "by me"), copy the card to the bottom of list "TO DO LIST" on board "WORK" (that's another separate Board 02)

Both boards have Butler enabled but the copying doesn't happen

Could you please advise, I am desperate )

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2021

Hey @Rafus Kie

This rule is probably not working, because you're not creating a card with the red "check" label. You're likely creating a card, then adding the red "check" label later, right?

Test that theory by creating a card with a red label. To do that, click on "Add Card", then enter the card title, followed by a hashtag with the label name. For example "My great new card #check". Doing that should allow you to create the card with the label in a single step, and should trigger your rule.

If this doesn't match your workflow, you may want to trigger the rule based on a label being added to the card instead.

Felix

Thank you so much! This also works, I am happy )

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

@Rafus Kie 

You use "created" so you need to make sure you do just that. See the activity and you will know whether you "added" a card. "Create" you can do it in a board button.

Great!!! Thank you so much!! It's a miracle )

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events