Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting a comment when someone moves the card to a certain list saying who moved it

Matt Page October 26, 2023

Hi, 

When someone moves a card to a list, an automatic comment appears (only visible to me as the admin) that records the name of the person who moved the card.

Is there a way of making it so that everyone can see this

-or-

Is there an automation that posts a comment (that everyone can see) that identifies / tags the person who moved it?

I tried @username in the automation but it just writes that literally. And the person making the comment is me as the automation writer not the person who actually moved the card.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2023

Hi @Matt Page ! Everyone on the board should be able to see the cards activity as long as they've toggled that option on:

Screenshot_20231027_145755_Chrome.jpg

You could create a custom comment to appear as well like you mentioned. You'll need to use the variable {username} as mentioned here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/butler-variables/

Matt Page October 27, 2023

Thanks @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
That's so obvious now you say it! I always have it turned on so it just never occurred to me.

Thank you.

Matt

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events