Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move a board from Team to Personal

Andrew Loveridge September 15, 2019

I accidentally created a team board that was meant to be personal to me. I can see how to move a board between teams, but not to remove it from teams entirely and have it as one of my Personal Boards. Am I missing a button, and if so, where is it?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2019

Hi @Andrew Loveridge on the top header of your board next to title/name of the board you will see the name of the team that has access to the board you created (right next to the star). You can click on that and it will give you a drop down box of those who should have access. Click on that and you can choose personal board (no team). and on the right side of that it should say private, if it says public you can also click on that and switch it to public.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Jodi

Andrew Loveridge September 15, 2019

I swear that wasn't there when I was looking earlier today. That's what I needed. Many thanks for your help!

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2019

Thanks @Andrew Loveridge I am so happy it worked for you! 

Have a super day,

Jodi

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2021

The dropdown only shows my one team, it does not say personal, so how can I move from team to personal? I have 5 personal boards and 3 team boards including this incorrectly categorised one, so I am under the limit of 10.

2021-02-08 16_51_04-Clipboard.png

I have exported the board but when I go to create a new one it is always within the Team?

Like # people like this
Maurício Arus February 23, 2021

That is what is happening to me. There is not an option to transform the board into a personal one.

Like Thomas Trachsel likes this
3 votes
Kevin Sturm November 11, 2020

Sorry, but I only can choose between existing teams there. No option available to select personal board (no team).

simon collins November 13, 2020

Hi Kevin

I also have the same issue.  I would like to switch a board to personal but no such option exists.  I hope someone can help with this.

simon collins November 13, 2020

After more looking what is possible to do is to delete the team and all the boards in that team revert to personal.  I was happy with that because I'm only using Trello for myself; mainly for study notes

Like # people like this
Kevin Sturm December 2, 2020

Thank you @simon collins for the great tip. It worked for me as well.

2 votes
vcolavin March 19, 2021

The accepted answer from Jodi Leblanc is no longer accurate as of March 2021; Trello have removed the ability to create boards outside of a team.

What you'll need to do is create a new private team with only yourself as a member (call it Andrew's Personal Team or something), then use the "change teams" dropdown to move the board in question to that team.

Source:

https://help.trello.com/article/1241-why-cant-i-create-a-board-outside-of-a-team-anymore

0 votes
Andre Serrano
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2021

A shame. I cant delete the team and neither is giving me the option to change it to personal. So im stuck here

simon collins March 17, 2021

It must be that someone else has created that team; you then don’t have permission to delete. What you could do is create a new team that you are the originator of. Then move the board to the new team.  Then if desired delete the new team which will revert the board to personal. Might work. 

vcolavin March 19, 2021

Hi Andre, I just figured this out. Trello don't let you have boards outside of teams anymore, so you'll need to create a new team with just yourself. Then you'll be able to move the board to that personal team.

Park World April 7, 2021

This is crazy. I liked Trello, but after it became an Atlassian service things are going worse all the time. I don;t want to leave Trello but it seems like the good-bye time is coming.

Magno Dias da Silva November 8, 2021

Yes,
I can confirm.

No more "Personal" Boards are allowed

Such a shame....

I will soon delete my accounts and projects here too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events