Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Automation, Zapier, and Woocommerce

LeeUniversity June 29, 2022

I know there is a rule "when list ______ has exactly ____ cards" do this.... but the list name field has to have a name. is there a way to say any list instead of specific list?

The goal is to have a website order come in, that order creates a list using zapier, the orders items are the cards. each card has a checklist. when the check list is complete, the card is archived. when a list has 0 cards left, the list can be archived. this would then communicate with zapier again and then update the order on the backend of the website.

Also, is there a way to automate archiving a list?

1 answer

1 vote
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2022

@LeeUniversity 

What you have described is a common use case. Specific to your enquiry to para I check up on use of wildcards. In Trello you insert {*} eg where card name on contains {*}<{*}> and it will return values as variables {wildcard1} and {wildcard2}

LeeUniversity June 30, 2022

so if i use "when list {*} has exactly 0 cards" this will look at all lists, and if it has 0 cards it will do the next step, is that what you are describing?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2022

@LeeUniversity 

You have to try it because wildcard cannot be used in all places within Trello automation. I am aware it works on card name and description and it might not work for list in some cases. I remembered trying to move card into a {*} list and I recall it works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events