Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integregation help needed: Export new Trello comment to create a new Airtable record

Malachy Tarpey February 21, 2018

I want to automate the following process.   

Every time a new comment is made on any Trello card in a specific list by a team member, I want to copy the <new comment text> to create a new record in a table in Airtable.  This allows me to sort and view all comments grouped by <member name> or <card name>. I then manually categorize, rank and select comments to be merged into other tables on my Airtable database. 

I had some success using zapier, however zapier only runs once every 5 minutes, so if more than one comment is made on the card within 5 minutes, only the most recent comment is copied into my Airtable database.  

Alternatively, I considered using an email notification as a trigger and extracting the comment text from the email notification, however, there is no field in the email notification specifying where the comment text is located within the body of the email. 

Is there another way to do this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Malachy Tarpey February 22, 2018

Problem solved with a little help from Zapier Support (who reply lightening fast). 

I was previously using the <Card First Comment Data Text> field to create my record in Airtable. 
I then tried to use <Card Comments Data Text> which copied every comment in the card as a single record in Airtable. 
When I changed the Zapier formula to use the <New Text> field instead, each new record created in Airtable is unique, which is the result I am after. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events