Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I sign up for a paid plan for one user can I add other (free) users to the boards

Nicholas Lealand May 16, 2022

Our business can't really afford to have lots of paid users.

I was wondering if we can simply have one paid user and add the other users to boards that they create?

Or are the free users limited to the number of boards they can connect to?

2 answers

0 votes
KerryAnn May May 17, 2022

Follow up question:

I have a robust Board A, with lots of lists and cards on that board.

One card in one list links to Board B that houses a template card using custom fields.  I did it this way so that the cards in Board A don't have all of the custom fields in that card on Board B.

If my non-paying observers/members of Board A need to fill out that template card on Board B, it will trigger a paid membership for that member?

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

Hi @Nicholas Lealand ! Welcome to the community :) Trello plans are associated with the workspace, not the user. All boards within that workspace will adopt the paid features (custom fields, board views, etc.).

Anyone you add as a workspace member will contribute to how much you pay each month/year. These members will have access to all boards within your workspace, and because the boards are within a paid workspace, they'll be able to utilize all the features that come with it.

You can also have free workspace guests that don't contribute to your billing. If you want to add a free guest, all you need to do is invite that user to a board rather than adding them as a full workspace member. So, they'll just have access to that one board rather than all of the board's workspace. However, if you add that same user to a second board, they'll become a billable member.

More details here: https://help.trello.com/article/855-how-billing-works-with-trello-premium-and-standard

Solomon O. Smith October 5, 2022

Still a little confusing, the pay system not the answer. So if I want to have some of the paid features I basically cannot have a revolving door of access to the boards. This is difficult for independent contractors. I have boards I need to share occasionally and I do not want to end up paying for multiple users across 4 workspaces just to let someone have access to a few boards for a week or two. The powerups are mostly for me, I use them like back-end stuff that the people I wat to share the board with will never use. I there a way where people can have access to only the basics of the free Trello account on the board? For example, I would want to pay for the editors to use the board fully as members, but I want the writers to only be able to create cards from the templates. I do not want the writers changing things or controlling the timeline, but i would like them to see it and be able to pitch via cards. How would you suggest we do that without having to pay for writers as members?

Like Onur Çekmegeli likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events