Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use 'date' custom field as a due date trigger?

Louis Potter May 23, 2019

As with a Due Date trigger such as 'the moment a card is due...', I would like to use the date in a Custom Field to be the trigger for the action.

Example:

The moment Custom Field 'End Date' is due, move the card to list 'Ended".

Is this possible?

I currently have a rule: "when custom field "End of Campaign" is set to a date less than 1 hours from now, move the card to the top of list "Ended""

However, I've noticed that this only works at the time I set the custom field date; it won't work for a date set in the future, when that time is reached.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2019

@Louis Potter 

Hi Louis,

I think you will have to create a feature request for this special action you want to have set up. There's currently no action available to achieve this.

Louis Potter May 24, 2019

Hi Katrin,

Thanks for your response.

I've used a workaround for now using a calendar rule:

every day at 10:00 pm, move each card with custom field "End of Campaign" set to a date less than 1 days from now to list "Ended"

It's not perfect but it serves its purpose. Think I'm going to try and learn enough Javascript to be able to program things like this myself in the future. I hope that's how it works...

Like Katrin Anger likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events