Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the Start Date for a Repeat Card

Andy Page July 20, 2020

Hi,

Very often I run into a situation where I want to setup a repeating card but want to set a date for when the first Repeat Starts

eg Lets say I have some a weekly project report that I need to create but the first project won't start for 2 months. But I want to whilst I am in Trello and remember to setup the Repeat Card for me to create a Weekly Project Report.

I could find no way to set a start/first date.

Is this something that is possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2020

Hi @Andy Page 

Welcome to the Community!

I too struggle with this because as soon you set a repeating card, it takes it to the next available date after you've set it.

As you've said, if you want it to repeat every 2 months on a Monday, as soon as you set that on the repeat it would take it to Monday 27th July, even if you wanted it to start on Monday 10th August.

The only thing that I've done is to set up a card with a due date the day before I want the first one to start and put a due date of say Sunday 9th August at 11 am to remind myself to turn it on, then I can go to the card repeat and set the date for Monday at 3 pm every 2 months, so it'll have the right date on it!

It's a simple workaround and means that as soon as you think about setting the repeating card, if you can't do it (because the date would be wrong), you still have a card on the board to remind yourself to do it (I usually forget!).

Hope that's helpful!

Esme :)

Andy Page July 20, 2020

Hey Esme,

Thanks for the welcome and the info, much appreciated.

What you do is exactly what I'm doing now :)

It's a pain and not very user friendly but it sorta works.

Would be great if the repeat card had a start dates in the future. (Is there somewhere to post feedback/suggestions?)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2020

You are most welcome Andy!

It's made by Trello, so you could always email them on featurerequests@trello.com and mention it!

David O_Brien April 19, 2024

I'm having the same issue with repeating cards and here we are four years later :(

I'm going to email them and request an update.

Regards,

David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events