Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open *.msg attachments on Android phone?

NIRLITA Valdas Stonkus December 3, 2020

Hello,

I using Trello and attaching a lot of *.msg files in Trello projects and its working perfectly on desktop PC but when I try to open *.msg file by Android phone Trello app, it did not recognize this and I getting this error " "Sorry but there are no apps that could open this attachment" something like that.

I have installed Microsoft Outlook, and a lot of others msg viewers app in my phone, but still get this error.

One way that I could figurate is this:

in Trello app, press three dots on the *.msg attachment, choose Share link, select messenger, find myself, share, close.
Open messenger, click on this shared message.

After this very long way I can open any *.msg file.

But this is very long and difficult, what could be did better to open *.msg files on phone?  

2 answers

0 votes
Sophie Kelly July 31, 2023

I understood your problem that you want to open the *.msg attachment on your Android device. This can be a difficult task, as *.msg records are Outlook email messages that are not compatible with most Android applications. There are two answers to this problem: a manual method and an expert Way.

The manual approach is sending the email with the *.msg attachment to a different email address that you can access from your Android phone, such as Gmail or Yahoo. When you open the email on your phone, the *.msg attachment will appear just like any other email. However, this approach has various drawbacks, including:

• This method is very time-consuming and tedious, especially if you have multiple *.msg attachments to open.
  • This can be unreliable and inaccurate, as some formatting or content of the *.msg attachment may be lost or altered during the manual downloading procedure.

Using a professional utility like Softaken MSG Attachment Extractor, which can assist you in quickly and safely extracting attachments from *.msg files and saving them to your computer, is part of the professional approach. The program will take care of the rest; all you have to do is choose the location where your *.msg files are kept. While extracting attachments, it maintains the email's features and data structure, ensuring complete security and no data loss. A free trial version of the program is available for download, so you may try it out for yourself.

After downloading the MSG attachments to your personal computer you can easily transfer those attachments to your android device by using a Pen drive, Memory card, USB cable, etc.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hi @NIRLITA Valdas Stonkus ,

Welcome to the community!

You can install this android app and I hope you will able to open .msg files from your phone!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=evansir.msgfilereader

But can't recommend you to use this android app use at your own risk!

There is nothing wrong with using the app but just because it's a third-party app, I cant recomemnd it!

NIRLITA Valdas Stonkus December 6, 2020

Thank you for your reply, but it did not help.

If I download *.msg file to phone, there is no problem to open it, but download from Trello or open directly from it do not work.

It's very bad that there in Trello menu did not exist "Save to drive" function, only Delete, Rename and Share.

Like Nashwan Shaher likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events