Create
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to Export photos or attachments from Trello cards

Susan Bradley August 19, 2021

Previously we exported *attachments only* as JSON files using Bendallar Trello downloader.  This application no longer works for downloading any of our attachments since the latest Trello update. We would like to download all photo attachments on each card as a bulk zipped (about 30 photos each) file but not photo by photo - as this will be too time consuming.  Does anyone know of an application we can use to do this? Trello Export does not work for this process.  It offers other export options not just attachments & not in a way that we can save and rename each attachment. 

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Cao
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 24, 2021

Hi @Susan Bradley! Checked out the File Manager Power-Up! It lets you easily bulk download attachments as zip files.

I just updated the Power-Up to support filtering by card name using the search input just for you! 

Just type in "card: <your card name>", select all using the checkbox at the top left then click the download button and you'll export all your files as a zip.

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 12.33.43 AM.png

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions! šŸ„³

Susan Bradley August 24, 2021

Thank you Adam!  I have been using the File Manager 7 day trial all afternoon and love how I can filter by List to choose the attachments I'd like to download. It is making my life so much easier!  It's not slow to download and easy to transfer and rename the files etc.

And...points for improvement?

Having the download button at the top with a lot of attachments it would be nice to see a return to Top arrow?

**Are you working on this as I'm testing it?

**As this is now working - Also, to be able to search by Card name would also help as searching by file name (which is the only search that gives results?) when everything comes through as image.jpeg is not useful for me but may be of benefit to others when they name their files before attaching them. - SORTED

Overall this is really helpful - thank you!!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2021

@Adam Cao 

Glad to see this. I think in general, people had been used to sharing attachments externally without requiring the recipient to be a Trello subscriber. Your external share power-up supports this and I applauded the changed your made to support the recent change for attachments. 

Does this File Manager requires the user to be a member of the board? If it does, then an external share of the file manager might be what people are looking for such that the card owner has the ability what to share.

In my primitive ways, I am doing it via and download endpoint with a simple custom power up to exclude certain files.

Adam Cao
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 25, 2021

@Susan Bradley, it's great to hear that you're finding the Power-Up useful! Thanks for the feedback, I'll spend some time this weekend to figure out how we can improve the user experience of the table.

@milynnus, I recently updated the External Share Power-Up to support sharing of individual attachments. This solves the use case where the Trello user wants to share files selectively. I'm not sure if the External Share board needs a File Manager since most folks won't want to share ALL their attachments. But I'll consider it if someone requests it.

Screen Recording 2021-08-25 at 12.03.42 AM.gif

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2021

šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2021

Interesting! Some other ideas suggested in this question if you need some other alternatives!

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Sharing-files-without-login-preview-files-in-Trello/qaq-p/1780222#U1783436

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2021

@Susan Bradley 

The downloader is probably affected by the recent change affecting attachments. Trello attachments are no long publicly accessible.

To overcome this I have created an endpoint that will download the attachments into a zip file and download it to your computer. It uses your credentials on the server side, which means that your Trello api and token are not use at the endpoint.

I am still figuring out what is the best way to deploy this. The easiest way is to share the link via the email.

This is how I am deploying it now such that the client can download the files from an email sent to them.

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 5.32.25 PM.jpg

Susan Bradley August 22, 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to help.  That explains why the issue probably occurred with being able to export the attachments.  I'll make an attempt with your suggestion to see if that will work for what I need. I also received a couple of other suggestions but they all seem to be rather time consuming compared to what I was able to previously able to do. 

Have a great day.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2021

@Susan Bradley 

I finished constructing the endpoint to support the download. I am doing a custom power up to ensure that only the allowable files can be downloaded including all files. The endpoint will still be password protected but not exposing your  api key or token (needed for first time on the browser) and you should be able to share from any card. 

Update : The simple power up allows you to exclude files from the zip file

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 9.38.54 AM.jpg

Like ā€¢ # people like this
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2021

@Adam Cao 

šŸ’Æ % support External Share. 

Like ā€¢ # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events