Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much time needs to pass for "{carddaysinpreviouslist}" to show a value in custom field?

Tim Shanaher January 16, 2023

I'm working on doing to time automations for our company workflow. I've done this by setting up a number of commands that track the amount of time spent in the previous list when a card is moved out and then this populates in a custom field.

I am tracking this time spent in days as it makes it easy for us to take that data and convert it into an HH:mm format within google sheets.

I originally had the commands setup for minutes as opposed to days and that often showed a large number of decimal places (sometimes showing up to 10dp) when inputting the value, but had to change to days for the google sheets.

However, when running a few tests, I left a card in a column for 5 minutes (some of our milestones may take only 5-10 minutes), but when I moved the card out of the list, it set the {carddaysinpreviouslist} value to 0. It looks like days only tracks to 2 decimal places. Is there a way I can increase this, or do I have to revert back to minutes and then figure out a new conversion method in google sheets?

Appreciate any help

1 answer

0 votes
Lam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2023

Hi @Tim Shanaher - I don't believe we currently have a way to return more decimal places for the `carddaysinpreviouslist` variable. What you can try is using the the `cardminutesinpreviouslistround` which will round the minutes to the nearest integer. Give that a try and let me know if that works for you or not.

The rounding feature can be applied to all variables dealing with a card's time: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/butler-variables/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events