Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many workspaces for a free account?

Allison Blank June 7, 2021

Can you confirm how many Workspaces free personal accounts are allowed? I've read there is no limit to the number of Workspaces, but each Workspace is allowed 10 boards. Is that correct?

I'm a bit confused because I'm also receiving emails saying I'm reaching my 10 board limit and need to upgrade to a paid account. 

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

@Allison Blank Welcome to the Atlassian Community

You can have as many workspaces as you like.  On the free plan, you are also limited to 10 total boards.  https://trello.com/pricing

Capture.PNG

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2021

No that’s not quite right. 

A free workspace is limited to 10 boards. 
A business class workspace can have unlimited boards. 

There are no limits to number of workspaces. 

Like Apirak likes this
Allison Blank June 9, 2021

So it sound like this means 10 total boards across all Workspaces. Is that correct? If so, will those of us who’ve been with Trello for more years than I can remember be grandfathered in to keep our existing boards? If. It, what happens to the boards over 10? Do they automatically disappear? 

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2021

Hi Allison,

No it doesn’t mean that.

The limit applies to each workspace. If you have more than 10 boards in a workspace and you have Business Class or a Business class trial for that workspace, the extra boards will be closed. (They can be reopened but you may have to close other boards to get to the limit.)

You could still have 3 free workspaces say with 10 boards in each though. 

To clarify:

1. A paid workspace can have unlimited boards in it. 
2. A free workspace can only have 10 open boards in it (any boards over 10 would be closed)

3. There is no limit to the number of workspaces you can create or join. 

Like # people like this
Allison Blank June 9, 2021

Oh perfect! And thank you for the very clear answer :) 10 boards on EACH workspace! The “10 total” phrasing I’d seen was confusing me. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events