How do you sort cards by priority?

Krysty Emery March 5, 2022
  1. How do you sort cards by priority? 

1 answer

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2022

Hi @Krysty Emery ! What are you currently using to indicate the priority of a card? For example labels, custom fields, something else? There are different ways to sort lists based on what you're using to represent priority. For example, if you're using a numerical custom field (e.g. 1, 2, 3) to rank cards, you can simply sort your list based on this field (click the ellipses on your list and you'll see the option to sort cards).

You can also do this in a more automated way using Butler automation so that when a new card is added to a list, it's sorted automatically. 

Happy to provide more details depending on your method of tracking priority :)

Krysty Emery March 7, 2022

I am using the priority field.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2022

So it's a custom dropdown field? You can sort lists using a dropdown custom field, but it will be sorted alphabetically, so you could have the options numbered like so:

1. High
2. Med
3. Low

A couple of options for auto-sorting - one option is triggered when a card is moved into a list:
Sort by custom field.PNG

The above example is just for one particular list, so you can then apply that rule to all relevant lists. 

Another option is having a board button like so:

Board button sort.PNG

Krysty Emery March 7, 2022

Hi, no, its the existing standard template priority field that is built in already.  Open a card, you will see the priority field.

Like Hilary Mitchell likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2022

There's the suggested custom fields if that's what you mean?

Screenshot_20220308-200929_Chrome.jpg

Nicole Loud March 31, 2023

I am also interested in this question and its directly what the earlier poster mentioned. In relation to the picture above, yes I am using the suggested custom field for priority. When I do, even after I have changed my different fields from "High, med, low" to "1 High, 2 Medium, 3 Low" manually, the sort field list does not include the Priority custom field for sorting a list.

This is what my sort list option gives me, despite doing the actions described above. 

Screenshot 2023-03-31 162328.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events