Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove someone from my guest list and the board they created on the workspace?

James Fobes April 27, 2021

I have an ex employee, our system allowed each user to create and manage their own board, but now I cannot delete them nor the board they created. Instead of close, it only gives the option to leave....

1 answer

1 vote
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Hi @James Fobes 👋

Welcome to the Community! I have a couple of questions to understand suggested next steps for you:

• Are you on a free or paid Trello plan?
  • Are you the overall system admin?
  • Are you an admin or just a guest member on their workspace? 

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this for you 😃

All the best,

Laura

James Fobes April 27, 2021

We are on the free plan.  I would believe I am the overall admin, but everyone is listed as an admin., including guests....

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Thanks for clarifying James. So I’ve taken a look at Trello’s support pages for you and here’s what I’ve found to help...

Let me know how you get on 😃

All the best,

Laura

Like Sarah Preston likes this
James Fobes April 28, 2021

So on their boards, I am not apparently the admin.  

James Fobes April 28, 2021

so these options did not work....

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Hi @James Fobes 

Unfortunately when you're not set up as an admin on the board you're not able to delete the board/workspace, Trello can only give you the ability to leave the board instead. 

If your ex-employee's board/workspace was located on the company Trello account and you have Business Class then you could request team administration remove/delete it for you. Read more on this here >> https://trello.com/en-GB/guide/team-administration

I hope this helps 😃

All the best,

Laura

Like Sarah Preston likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events