Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move a list from one board to another board?

Sharon Eaton January 28, 2019

I'm happy enough with moving cards and lists around an existing board but I want to take a specific list and move it to team board. 

It seems to be possible as I have read articles about people who have done it but I cant find out how to do it.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2019

@Sharon Eaton the three little dots at the top right of each list allow you to move lists between boards.

Incidentally, this is also the fastest way to move a bunch of cards from one board to another: create a temporary list, move the cards to the list, move the list to another board, then distribute them from there and archive the temporary list.

You can find out more here:

https://help.trello.com/article/806-moving-cards-or-lists

Sharon Eaton January 30, 2019

I followed these instructions and the move link allows me to move a list within a board but not to a different board.

I am happy moving lists and cards within a board.

My question is how do I move a list to another board?

When I click on Move, the only option is a position move within the same board.

Like # people like this
INFO_ HAPPYPORTO_COM August 2, 2023

As per 02August 2023, these instructions do work. Check

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/moving-cards-or-lists/

and read "You can also move lists to other boards from the list's menu. Click on  the current board to select the new target board or adjust the list position by clicking on 'Position'"

Like sophie.lemercier likes this
5 votes
Barbara Shaw April 1, 2021

It isn't intuitive as you might think, but it is easily done. When you choose "Move List" from the ellipsis menu, it doesn't look like it, but the board is actually a pop-list of all boards in your account. Click the board name and all of your boards will appear ... including the one that you've named "To Delete".

Once you do that, you can easily delete the board (why there's not a similar delete list is beyond me though).

Cliff Botchway March 5, 2023

Great explanation of answer to move a list to another board! That did the trick and saved me a lot of time.

Like AvidyaGames likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events