Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get all card data (including CustomFieldItems) from a single list

Peter Gamble October 15, 2020

I am trying to get all cards from a single list and would like the cards to include all fields (including customFieldItems)

Is there a way to do it with a single query?

Or is it a two step process where I have to get all cards in a board (using card_customFieldItems=true) and then parse the output to find only the cards I want by checking for only the idList that I care about?

1 answer

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2023

Hello @Peter Gamble 

If you are referring to using the Get cards on a board endpoint, then yes, you have get all the cards in the board and isolate the ones in the list you're interested in.

Alternatively, the Search Trello endpoint accepts the list operator with a name value in the query, as per the Searching for cards and boards documentation.

For example:

https://api.trello.com/1/search?query=board:<boardID> list:<listName>&key=<TrelloKey>&token=<TrelloToken>

PS, the board operator accepts board:name, board:keyword or board:id format for the operator:value

This would give you a set of cards that were only in a particular list in a board, then you could iterate through that set to get the information per card, including any custom fields.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events