Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Trello cards based on emails sent to my own email address?

Nick Martin August 18, 2017

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if there is a way of creating Trello cards based on support emails that are sent to our 'support@company.com' email account.

I am aware of the email-to-board feature, although this only seems to work with the custom email address that Trello creates itself. I am basically looking for a way of doing the same thing, but for a support email account that I have created.

It would be great to know if there is a solution to this, or even a workaround.

Many thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2017

One option is for you to create a forward on your email admin system to send all messages sent to that Support email to your Trello board's email-to-board address. However, currently, our email-to-board feature doesn't track the email address of the person writing in, and the address is unique to the person who generated the address. This means that each message would appear to be posted by you on the board.

However, if you want to collect that information from your users and make a Trello card with it, that is possible.

To set that up, we'd suggest checking out Zapier. They're a third-party service which connects apps without needing to add code—in this case, you can set up Zapier so that a new entry in a Google Sheets spreadsheet will create a new Trello card. You can also set up Zapier with a custom email address, have that save its data to Google Sheets, and have that information then passed to Trello as a new card, with all of the information you need from your user. You can check that Zapier zap out here:

https://zapier.com/zapbook/trello/google-sheets/

Nick Martin August 22, 2017

Brilliant, thanks a lot for the help!

I will try out Zapier in that case, it definitely sounds like it'll do the trick.

Many thanks again!

- Nick.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events