Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Card Thumbnail Previews Dissapeared in Search?

I must've fat fingered something as my search results (on desktop/chrome) went from showing a image preview of the card and additional details to a single row search result

Any ideas how to get the large image preview version of the search results back?

Screenshot 2022-08-09 113520.jpg

2 answers

Now the advanced search solution suggested has stopped showing image previews as well.  Anyone?  This seems like pretty basic stuff... the search results in your software don't work.Screenshot 2022-08-19 134346.jpg

0 votes
Vishaal S Atlassian Team Aug 11, 2022

Hi Matt

Welcome to Trello Community!

Would you mind clicking the app switcher (9 dot icon in upper left) and see if that popover shows any content?

If you see a link to 'Log in', please follow that authorization flow and see if that works.

Also, could you please check if the issue persists in an incognito Google Chrome window? Please log in at https://id.atlassian.com and then select the 'Trello' tile from the homepage.

Thanks for the response.  I did the app switcher and went back to my workspace and the same compressed search results existed.

I opened up an incognito window and logged in fresh and the compressed search bar results were there as well.

Any other possibilities?  Is it tied to my profile settings or something somehow?

Like # people like this

Same problem here.

I would like to see the thumbnails like before.

Thanks

Vishaal S Atlassian Team Aug 12, 2022

Hi Matt and CAD_JUGUETILANDIA ,

I'd suggest you use this URL: https://trello.com/search? and search for cards to see if you're able to see card previews there. It looks like card previews are not available on the search bar, while we work on that, you can bookmark this page to see the card previews for your search! 

Like Matt Thomas likes this

Yes the advance search and that page still shows results correctly but is a hassle.

THIS IS ALSO NOT WORKING FOR SOME MEMBERS OF OUR TEAM! PLEASE FIX THIS!!

Like # people like this

Same here! Advanced search doesn't show it anymore either. This is a HUGE productivity issue as we use trello to track art commissions..... so 100% need to see the thumbnail in search results. Plus it takes FOREVER to load a card from each search result so this is a MASSIVE waste of time to click through each search result to see if it's the right one.

This is a BIG problem. Any idea when the search results thumbnail issue will be fixed?

Like CAD_JUGUETILANDIA likes this
Vishaal S Atlassian Team Aug 29, 2022

Hey, I can definitely see why being able to view card covers in search results would help and I've passed on your feedback directly to our product team. 

I'm afraid I don't have an ETA as to when or if the functionality will be brought back, but rest assured, the team is aware of how this impact our users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

A Trello template to help you clean up your Confluence Space

Calling all Trello + Confluence users! We're celebrating all things Work and Wellness in our Confluence collection, where our team has been sharing activities to create more mindfulness around the ...

923 views 4 13
Read article

Atlassian Community Events