Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Thumbnail Previews Dissapeared in Search?

Matt Thomas August 9, 2022

I must've fat fingered something as my search results (on desktop/chrome) went from showing a image preview of the card and additional details to a single row search result

Any ideas how to get the large image preview version of the search results back?

Screenshot 2022-08-09 113520.jpg

6 answers

1 vote
CAD_JUGUETILANDIA October 17, 2022

Please, search results with thumbnails...as before

1 vote
Elizabeth Afrisio September 26, 2022

A possible answer for this huge problem (in case anyone else can't use Trello anymore because of the extreme lagging and functionality/preview issues) is the Monday software. 

0 votes
Michelle Tink October 2, 2023

It's been a year, and this still hasn't been fixed? It's impossible to navigate without the thumbnails. I can't click on every file to find something. 

0 votes
Daniel Delgado October 17, 2022

I don't know what changed or why it is not communicated. I can only recommend anyone to look for a different software since for us none of the suggestions so far have fixed the preview images.

0 votes
Matt Thomas August 19, 2022

Now the advanced search solution suggested has stopped showing image previews as well.  Anyone?  This seems like pretty basic stuff... the search results in your software don't work.Screenshot 2022-08-19 134346.jpg

0 votes
Vishaal S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2022

Hi Matt

Welcome to Trello Community!

Would you mind clicking the app switcher (9 dot icon in upper left) and see if that popover shows any content?

If you see a link to 'Log in', please follow that authorization flow and see if that works.

Also, could you please check if the issue persists in an incognito Google Chrome window? Please log in at https://id.atlassian.com and then select the 'Trello' tile from the homepage.

Matt Thomas August 11, 2022

Thanks for the response.  I did the app switcher and went back to my workspace and the same compressed search results existed.

I opened up an incognito window and logged in fresh and the compressed search bar results were there as well.

Any other possibilities?  Is it tied to my profile settings or something somehow?

Like # people like this
CAD_JUGUETILANDIA August 12, 2022

Same problem here.

I would like to see the thumbnails like before.

Thanks

Vishaal S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2022

Hi Matt and CAD_JUGUETILANDIA ,

I'd suggest you use this URL: https://trello.com/search? and search for cards to see if you're able to see card previews there. It looks like card previews are not available on the search bar, while we work on that, you can bookmark this page to see the card previews for your search! 

Like Matt Thomas likes this
Matt Thomas August 12, 2022

Yes the advance search and that page still shows results correctly but is a hassle.

Elizabeth Afrisio August 24, 2022

THIS IS ALSO NOT WORKING FOR SOME MEMBERS OF OUR TEAM! PLEASE FIX THIS!!

Like # people like this
Sock-Key Company August 28, 2022

Same here! Advanced search doesn't show it anymore either. This is a HUGE productivity issue as we use trello to track art commissions..... so 100% need to see the thumbnail in search results. Plus it takes FOREVER to load a card from each search result so this is a MASSIVE waste of time to click through each search result to see if it's the right one.

Like Dwayne Lutchna likes this
Frank Goldsmith August 28, 2022

This is a BIG problem. Any idea when the search results thumbnail issue will be fixed?

Like # people like this
Vishaal S
Atlassian Team
August 29, 2022

Hey, I can definitely see why being able to view card covers in search results would help and I've passed on your feedback directly to our product team. 

I'm afraid I don't have an ETA as to when or if the functionality will be brought back, but rest assured, the team is aware of how this impact our users.

Like ALBERTO BUHO likes this
Kate Ellis September 26, 2022

Hello @Vishaal S can you confirm the functionality is in fact going to be brought back? We need the thumbnails to search and reference and may need to find an alternative scheduling tool.  

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Afrisio September 26, 2022

This has become such an issue for us we are testing Monday to actually completely replace Trello! 

Like # people like this
Dwayne Lutchna October 5, 2022

Same here. One of the main reasons we use this platform is for its robust search feature. If we're not seeing thumbnails of cards, we may as well go back to using Asana.

Like CAD_JUGUETILANDIA likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events