Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can custom fields be limited to one card or template card on a list?

Laurie Rios February 27, 2021

Whenever I try to make a custom field it goes into all my cards. I'm a realtor, so I want fillable fields while talking on the phone with customers. My questions for buyers are not the same as for sellers. Can I do separate fields for my seller card template and my buyer card template?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2021

@Laurie Rios 

All cards on the same board will have all the CF visible on the back of all cards. When you copy a card with CF from another board, any new CF definition is carried to the destination board. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2022

@Francis Cortese 

Custom field definitions are all board level and all cards will have placeholders for all CFs. 

Francis Cortese
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2022

Ok...thanks

0 votes
Francis Cortese
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 14, 2022

So if I read that correctly when I have Custom Fields setup for a List on a Board, then every List on that board has to contain those CFs?  I can't setup a Rule that will allow me to created other Lists on that board without the CFs?

0 votes
Laurie Rios February 28, 2021

Thanks, so much for your help!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2021

@Laurie Rios 

Note : The new definition has a different id. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events