Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Power-up not syncing with Outlook 365

Cindy Deeks September 1, 2022

Hi all, 

There have been a few questions about this but not specifically about syncing. 

I integrated about 5 boards to my Outlook calendar using the iCalendar feed.  This was perfect at first but I later realized none of the boards are updating/ syncing with new cards and new assigned dates. I've tried to find some permissions of some kind in Outlook but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated! 

Note my Outlook is managed by my business so I can't use some of the other available powerups available. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cindy Deeks September 27, 2022

Hi team, 

I actually managed to get this working but I'm not entirely sure what I did different this time. I know there was an update installed by IT admin around this time, and I suspect that's what fixed it.  I just removed the calendars that were not syncing and re-added each one through Outlook via Microsoft 365 on the web, and following the steps in the article linked below.  

The update must have added these shared calendar improvements noted in the screenshot below. This option wasn't there before. Hope this helps someone else who's having issues! 

Outlook setting (2).JPG

1 vote
Sam W Cannon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2024

This is definitely not solved.  I've spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get my calendar set.  

0 votes
Meghashrita Kashyap
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2022

Hi Cindy,

Changes made in Trello won't instantly update to third-party applications. Outlook will try to update the calendar contents during each download interval, which is configurable within Outlook. Can you check with your IT team if they can update that configuration?

The same has been also mentioned in our article attached below for your reference.

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/using-trello-with-microsoft-outlook/

Cheers,
Meghashrita Kashyap
Atlassian Support - Trello

Cindy Deeks September 6, 2022

Thanks Meghashrita,

I had read the document you linked above and it was helpful learning how to add the calendars to Outlook. I'm not asking that it update instantly, but it doesn't update - period. 

Weeks have gone by and the calendars I linked from Trello do not reflect updates beyond the day I linked them. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :) 

David-Alexandre Couture September 13, 2022

Hi, I also have the same issue. 

Like Angela Silbernagel likes this
Wagner Faria September 27, 2022

Hello, in my case is even worth: My calendars desappear from outlook and i have to integrate my calendar with outlook again.

Kyle Igarashi September 29, 2022

@Meghashrita Kashyap That article tells you how to connect Outlook with Trello, which I've already done. But it doesn't answer the question that @Cindy Deeks has, which I have as well: Why won't Trello push live updates to Outlook? None of my changes or additions to my Trello Board are being reflected in Outlook. All I can see are the cards that were present when I initially synced Trello, but nothing else has changed since then. What's the fix for this?

Meghashrita Kashyap
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2022

@Kyle and @Cindy Deeks The article also mentions that "Changes made in Trello won't instantly update to third-party applications. Outlook will try to update the calendar contents during each download interval, which is configurable within Outlook.

And that's the reason why I asked you to check with your IT team if they can update that configuration. and check if the issue remains after that

In case it does, I request you to please raise a ticket with Trello via  https://trello.com/contact‌‌‌

Cheers,
Meghashrita Kashyap

Kyle Igarashi September 30, 2022

@Meghashrita Kashyap Thanks, I actually already checked the update interval, and it's set to every 30 minutes, and the Trello board is definitely not updating every 30 minutes. I also already have "Turn on shared calendar improvements" enabled, as @Cindy Deeks mentioned. 

If there's nothing else that I can do to try to fix this problem, I'll go ahead and file a ticket.

Meghashrita Kashyap
Atlassian Team
October 3, 2022

@Kyle Igarashi That's pretty weird, even after setting the interval it should update to Trello, could you please raise a ticket with us so that we can look into it further?

Cheers,
Meghashrita Kashyap

Like Kyle Igarashi likes this
Kyle Igarashi October 7, 2022

@Meghashrita Kashyap Thanks, just submitted a ticket.

Like Robert Peters likes this
Robert Peters December 19, 2022

I look forward to hearing how this evolves, as I am having the exact same issues.

Andrews, Lauren E February 16, 2023

I'm seeing the same issue. I don't think this should be marked as "solved".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events