Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted email?

Francesca Vimercati March 6, 2019

Hello support,

I registered a new profile in Trello for a colleague about a couple of weeks ago.

However, she has never received any confirmation email. We have tried many times to have the email sent again (also with the link https://trello.com/resendValidate) but it did not work.

The email address had been created not long before the creation of the Trello profile, which means that it might not have been active yet when the confirmation email was sent by Trello.

I wonder if this may have caused an error which put the email automatically in a blacklist  on Trello's server. 

I sent a message using the contact form but was never contacted by Trello support.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2019

Hi @Francesca Vimercati here is Trello support's email address: support@trello.com Please also check with your IT unit to see if Trello's email could also be on the blacklist. I am sure you already did this but please ask your colleague to check her junk/spam folder. I have seen all three of these scenarios happen in the past and Support was able to help with the blacklist.

thank you,

Jodi

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2019

@Francesca Vimercati @Jodi LeBlanc I've had this problem before, I think Trello uses SendGrid which will automatically block addresses which don't exist, so if there's a chance the email was sent before the address was active then you'll need to email them to unblock it. They respond quickly though :)

Francesca Vimercati March 6, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc @Iain Dooley : thanks for your answers! I contacted Trello’s support and they were able to fix the problem. It was as I thought, blacklisted email due to the fact the email wasn’t active yet.

Thanks again :)

Like Eduardo Cardoso likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2019

Great to hear, thanks for the update @Francesca Vimercati 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events