Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having problem with the Outlook Add-on for Mac.

Rickard Jörlöv May 11, 2021

Since some days ago the add-on in my Outlook is not working. Anyone know of a solution for this. I have deleted and re-installed the add-on without any success. Your help is highly appreciated.

3 answers

1 vote
McKay May 26, 2021

The only workaround I have found so far is to uninstall Office and reinstall version 16.48 (when the add-in did work). https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office-for-mac

After the reinstall of the older version when you launch the first Office app, make sure to catch the Office updater that pops open and disable automatic updates.

Word didn't work well after this but then I updated just that app (not the rest) and everything has been fine so far.

Not a full solution as it doesn't solve this issue going forward, but at least you will be able to use the add-in in the meantime.

Good luck!

Gary Hardiker May 27, 2021

Yes!  this worked for me! Thanks

I've turned off automatic updates hopefully Microsoft will let me know when they have fixed the issue...............

1 vote
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

Hi @Rickard Jörlöv 

I advise you to talk to trello support, maybe they can help you

https://trello.com/es/contact

Cheers

Gary Hardiker May 13, 2021

Same issue-  Did you get a fix yet?

Christina Theodore-Oklota May 13, 2021

Ditto. Works on the web interface but not through Outlook for Mac. Was fine until a couple weeks ago.

0 votes
Cate Reid May 20, 2021

I have the same issue - did you manage to find a fix?

Thanks,

Cate 

Rickard Jörlöv May 20, 2021

No, unfortunately not. I have been talking to Microsoft too and they suggested to try with old style Outlook, without success. This is really bothering me since the Trello setup is an important part of my GTD.

Cate Reid May 20, 2021

Oh dear, I am feeling the same as its a game changer for my DTD business.  Please can you let me know if you paid for the add on as I didn't?

Cate 

Rickard Jörlöv May 20, 2021

Yes, I paid for it and that makes me even angrier. I have the Business Class subscription.

Gary Hardiker May 20, 2021

I'm currently trying to work this through with Microsoft...Its been escalated to Tier 2 support...what ever that means :-)

They did tell me to add the email account again with out deleting the old one. It worked once then stopped...May be worth a try if you havent already.

Cate Reid May 23, 2021

thanks Gary, I will try that 

Gary Hardiker May 26, 2021

Had this, this morning from Microsoft Support:

"I would like to inform you that, this specific concern, has been reported and the developers are aware. I also added your information to the report. At this time, we are unable to provide an ETR (Estimated time of resolution) when a fix will be made available but should be resolved in a future updates."

Not really helpful.....

Cate Reid May 27, 2021

Hi Gary,

thanks for the update, please can you keep me updated? 

cate

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events