Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a checklist item when a label is added to a card?

leodavesne May 19, 2023

Hi, I'm searching for a way to list all the cards where a label is used in a dedicated checklist.

When I add a label to a card on my Trello board, I want to have, in another card where there is a checklist with the same name than the label, automatically another checklist item with a link to the original card.

Like that, I will have one place to list items and links to existing cards in one place.

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

Hi,

There is a way to do this. 

this is an example so you will have to change things like list name, card name, label name ect.. to suit your needs.

This first step  will collect everything that is already on the board into the checklist, 

Create your card where you want the checklist to reside (I'll call mine Label 1 Cards") and use the automation below (a card button is the easiest way)

Screenshot 2023-05-22 095902.png

Once this step is complete, you can disable the button

The second step will keep it going after:

Rule 1:

When the label "Label 1" is added to a card, find the card named  "Label 1 Cards" and add the {triggercardlink} item to the checklist "Label 1 Cards"

Rule 2:

When the label "Label 1" is removed from a card, find the card named  "Label 1 Cards" and remove {triggercardlink} item

Rule 3:

When a card with label "Label 1" is archived, find the card named  "Label 1 Cards" and remove {triggercardlink} item

Bonus step will enable you to check the item off if it is marked as complete

When the due date is marked complete in a card with label "Label 1", find the card named "Label 1 Cards" and check the item {triggercardlink}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events