Sticker improvement proposal

omarsulake February 23, 2022

Hello,

in our team stickers are heavily used, they make our Trello cards' different tasks easily recognizable on a first sight. However I feel they are rather underdeveloped and lacking of features that would allow for way smoother experience. As I see from our experience and from experiences of others from different discussion and threads there are two major shortcomings of the stickers.

• Custom stickers are not shared with a team when uploaded. This means that each team member needs to upload the set of custom stickers on their own to start using it. This is both inconvenient and confusing and need extra documentation and steps for members to follow. 
  • Sticker automation is limited to basic set of stickers. One of the most powerful ability of stickers is to make the cards state easily recognizable on the first glance, custom stickers allow basically self-explanatory visual recognition of the task, we can make our sticker in a way that they visually correspond with the type of work we are doing. However if we can only use the basic set, it limits this expression, basically forcing us to use symbols that do not correspond with the work and we need to explain them to the team members, making them less intuitive. There are third party tools like Trellinator, that allow the custom sticker automation, but they seems to be rather complicated and have their own shortcoming where more straightforward and easy to use solution should be available. 

I would like to see both of those issues resolved. It would make our experience with Trello way better. 

1 comment

Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2022

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll be glad to pass a vote for that along to the product team on your behalf!

We've definitely focused a bit more on Labels as this type of differentiator, rather than stickers, and while they are more supported by automation and other tools within Trello, I can definitely understand the value of Stickers in this regard as well.

If you haven't already, it may be worth checking to see if Labels could fill some of your needs. We have a bit more detail on how labels can be referenced using variables and other features in Butler here: https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events