Work - life balance: How to optimize your daily tasks to save time and gain productivity

I'm sure that most of you have experienced the lack of productivity outside your office, especially when it comes to separate projects or hobbies which you want to manage. Whiteboards, sticky notes, phone notes, apps, reminders, all with one purpose - to help you be more organized in your free time activities and stay on track. Most of the times, the results are not so satisfying; one day, you find yourself overwhelmed by all the tools that you regularly check and update while trying to progress on your task. And I'm talking about any kind of tasks, from grocery list to vacation planning to writing a book in your weekends. 

Let me take you on a trip (around the World and back?)!

I'm a planning addict. I want everything to be on schedule, written down to it's smallest details. And I love metrics! The more, the better (smile) 

I'm tracking my daily activity, my steps, my nutrition macros, my calories, work progress, free time, and I'm enjoying it! My last projects are my food blog, my diet plans, and a few ebooks which I'll someday eventually start writing. Everything was excellent before the Great Giant Wave of sticky notes, paper, and reminders collapsed on me.

Then I met Trello (heart)

Sun is shining, birds are singing, and my Trello boards are magnificent!

The problem with my blog: I cook more than I upload recipes. I have a folder full of food photos, a note full of recipes and a deep dark space between them. One of my favorite questions this time was "Hmm... is this the proper recipe? And where are the baking time and oven degrees? Oh, noo...".

The solution with Trello: create a new card in "Recipes for Upload" lists, upload the photo, write the ingredients, cooking time and degrees in comments and Save for later. Only 3 to 4 minutes and I can do it while cooking - how cool is that?! No more questions like "Have I uploaded this or that?"

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.34.10 PM.png

The problem with my meal planning: every evening, I wondered what to eat and what to prepare for the next day. Cooking a meal for a few days is great, but I'm not a huge fan of frozen meals or something that's been in the fridge for more than a day or two. So, meal prep for more than 2 days - Nope. Ideas - Nope.

The solution with Trello: lists with meal preps, recipes, and sample meal plans for at least 7 days (lunch, dinner, dessert, snack), all with ingredients, counted macros and calories. When you establish the meal plan, all you need is a grocery list and a few hours a week. Then you shuffle the meals, add one or two additional foods and voila!

trello-diet.png

The problem with my future ebook: I have no idea what recipes I'll include in it!

The solution: Hello, Trello lists. I'm at the beginning of my initiative, but I like the way it looks.

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.35.13 PM.png

Trello is something that you can enjoy in many levels - I love the style of the background, boards, and cards. The power of customization is practically endless; sometimes, I even make a new board just to design it differently and enjoy the look and feel.

My planning addiction finally met the Order in its off-work initiatives - what more could I want (smile)

Thank you, Trello! Love you (heart)

5 comments

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2019

Great use case and beautiful photos :)

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2019

Thank you @Meg Holbrook :)

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2019

I love this article so much @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ - reminds me of my husband's "Chef Jerry" board :) He does all the cooking, I snap the photos and add to Trello and of course do the taste testing :)

Here's the link: https://trello.com/b/Yj0pdICl/chef-jerry

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2019

Oh goodness, @Jodi LeBlanc  the board is so awesome, thank you for sharing this with me :)

I’ll definitely try something from Chef Jerry’s recipe ideas! Send my best regards to the kitchen master and keep up with the great teamwork 😌

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2019

Thanks @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ they are all keto recipes, the desserts are my favourite. That dessert photo from your ebook board looks incredible!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events