What it's like coming to Jira from Trello

You know I'm the biggest Trello fan of them all... and I always will be. But my team at work is planning to adopt Jira, and I figured it's about time I started to dig in and learn what it's all about. 

So, I did it! I created a couple of projects in Jira to play around with it. One for managing my upcoming videos, and one for managing issues for an open source app I'm creating. 

I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was not as crazy difficult to use as I imagined, and it actually had a lot in common with Trello, while offering some more customizable solutions (in some cases). 

So I'm giving a talk at JiraCon 22 on Sept 29th to talk about what it's like. 

Brittany_JiraCon22_1080x1080.png

Specifically, I'll be going through: 

• What kind of similarities there are
  • What new features will excite you
  • What things might frustrate you (at first)
  • How to prepare
  • When to know if Trello is the better option

I'll also go through a demo showing some of the projects I've set up in Jira and how that could look in Trello as well. 

If you want to join, just register for JiraCon (you can use the code JOINER10 to get 10% off... tickets are pretty low compared to other conferences I've seen. I actually bought a ticket before I was selected to give a talk ðŸ˜‚)

I'd also love to answer some questions from Trello users and get to know what kind of questions you have about Jira, or if anyone has tried to start using Jira with Trello and come across any roadblocks. So please feel free to comment below with any thoughts or ideas that you'd like me to address, and I'll respond in the replies (and maybe feature them in my talk as well!)

6 comments

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Brittany Joiner this can be a perfect and catchy topic. You always comes up with unique and crowd pulling topics 🌟

Like • Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

@G subramanyam thanks!! I appreciate that :) 

Like • G subramanyam likes this
Nicole Christensen September 1, 2022

I am so excited to snag my ticket! @Brittany Joiner, I tried the code listed and am getting an invalid code error....any ideas? 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

@Nicole Christensen let me check on that! You could also try ELASTIC10 in the meantime... i believe that was the original code before we switched so try that one but I'll also double check on the JOINER one in the meantime!

Nicole Christensen September 2, 2022

Thank you for looking into this @Brittany JoinerThat code did not work either....it was worth a try :) I even tried to clear cache and cookies just in case....no luck. BUT JOINER10 worked now!! YAHOO! I am there!

Like • Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2022

@Nicole Christensen yay! glad it finally worked!! so sorry for the struggle - thanks for being patient with it! can't wait to see you there!

Like • Nicole Christensen likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events