What is a Trello board?

Hi, Atlassian Community!

My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello. In this second video, I'll be answering the question, "What is a Trello board?"

Check out the first video in my series, What is Trello, and be sure to ask any questions you have for me in the comments below. :) 

5 comments

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

@Brittany Joiner hey! I'm keen to check out the vids, the first video link just links back to this same article page, and I can't see the second video embedded :(

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

@Iain Dooley haha we're having a technical glitch at the moment ... working on this

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

tenor.gif

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

@Iain Dooley fixed! Sorta... the video is not working with embedding for some reason 😭  But I've got a screenshot there and link below to watch on YouTube!

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2021

@Brittany Joiner hey! the embedded video worked for me, that was great, so quick and gets straight to the point. I loved the description "sticky note on steroids". I also think that the analogy of lists as being like columns in a spreadsheet is pretty apt -- I've often thought there is a parallel between the fundamental technology of a spreadsheet and the fundamental technology of a Kanban board. In fact, spreadsheets and Trello boards are the things I spend most of my time working with these days. Each does different things, but Trello boards seem to me to be as fundamental technologically as spreadsheets were in the 80s/90s.

The difference for me is that spreadsheets are inputs and outputs: things arrive in Excel format, I stick them in Google and use them as a data source, then when I need to send something to another system, I save it as Excel or CSV. Trello on the other hand, is the interface where people actually work with the data ;)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events