Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Trello to Create a Ripple of Change - Part III

Our small but mighty Happy Ocean Community group is making great strides and has recently caught the attention of our local media. Last week we had a television, radio and news article written about our plastic-free initiatives and events we have held recently. We are so pleased with how our community is making positive changes for the health of our environment.

We held three Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Beeswax wrap sessions, and plan to do more as there is so much demand. It is inspiring to see how many people have an interest in moving from plastic to sustainable products.

Reusable+Sandwich+Wraps+-+Beeswax+Wraps.jpg

Plastic cling wrap is difficult to recycle, and the majority ends up in landfills where it takes hundreds of years to degrade and risks leaching chemicals into groundwater. More than 1.2 billion metres, equating to 745,000 miles of cling wrap is used by households across Britain every year – enough to go around the circumference of the world 30 times over. Now this stat is for Britain alone, I can't even imagine how many times around the world it would be for Canada and/or globally!

Bee's Wax is a sustainable, reusable alternative to plastic wrap. It's pliable so you can shape it around the food item or bowl. Once you’re done with your wrap, you just wash it with gentle soap and cool water (hot water can melt it), then let it air-dry to use it again.

We posted a Demo video and Step-by-Step guide as we wanted anyone to be able to do this, even if they weren't able to attend our sessions.

checklist.png

Trello of course kept us on track and we had a logistics checklist of all our supplies we needed, kept track of our promotional efforts, setup, lessons learned,  best practices and testimonials. Our community members have embraced Trello and it keeps our communications flowing and actions moving forward between our bi-weekly meetings. 

happyocean board.png

5 comments

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2019

Beeswax wraps also smell yummy.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2019

I agree, do you make your own @Kat Warner ?

Like Kat Warner likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc  I received my first honey wrap in a goody bag at a waste-free lifestyle event and won my second one. I leave crafty stuff to other people and just support their efforts by buying things like this when I want them.

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2019

That's awesome Kat, my province is just starting to be introduced to them. As of today plastic-bags are banned in our province. Baby steps but everything makes a difference.

Muhammad khalid May 19, 2023

Sometimes, I also faced the same problem with my working environment. But you have to bear it with your work. I have seen  many blogs provide the the tips to handle these issues. You can read their to get solution

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events