Using Trello for Managing Sponsor/Influencer/Advocate Relationships with Crmble Power-Up

Recently discovered yet another great use for Trello... using Trello to manage relationships of people you want to help advocate and promote your product! Depending on your company, we all call this something different. For some it's influencers, some call it sponsors, and others still call it advocates! You could also call it community members, too!

I'm working with Crmble (a new Trello Power-Up that turns any Trello board into a contact management dashboard), and we're trying to find more people who can help promote the Crmble product to their audiences. Naturally I decided to use Trello and build out the perfect board to keep everything organized and on track in one spot. Here's how. (You can follow along with my template board here.)

1. Create the right layout. 

image.png

I decided to organize my board like I would organize leads I'm trying to approach. Starting with a list of people to approach, initial outreach, people I'm currently speaking with, and then "won" or "lost" contacts. 

This helps me to stay organized by knowing exactly which stage the contact needs to reach, and a quick view to see all the ones I'm working with. It also gives me a quick spot to add people to at the start with the "People to approach" list, so I can add people there as I come across them. (Using the Trello chrome extension or the share option on my phone, or forwarding an email to the trello board.)

2. Keep all the information in the right place. 

By adding the Crmble power-up to your Trello board, you'll be able to add these lists to the Crmble power-up so that your funnel can be measured (how many people go from "People to approach" to "won") and you'll also be able to see Crmble custom fields on your cards. These custom fields are automatically generated and will let you fill in all the important details about these leads, such as source, name, email, phone, and more.

No more fumbling around with finding an email or website for somebody - you can easily have everything you need right in one spot!

image.png

3. Keep your todos and follow-ups in one place. 

Use Trello's handy checklists to create tasks for you to do for each person you want to reach out to. It could be sending an intro email, following up to that email, tweeting at them, etc. 

You can also use the Due Date feature to give yourself a deadline and reminder for when you need to take action again. 

Labels can also be helpful for helping you filter your board if you've gotten any OOO responses or anything indicating you should wait to follow up on a lead.

If you have multiple people on your team, you can assign members to each person so that you can easily see who is responsible for reaching out to a contact!

Pro tip: Add the Card Aging Power-Up to your board and you'll never have to worry about a contact going stale again. This power-up changes the color of your card based on how long it goes without any activity. It even has a pirate mode to make it more fun :)

4. Check your progress.

If you've enabled the Crmble power-up, then you can see how well your follow up is going by viewing the Dashboard.

image.png

This gives me an overview of how many contacts are moving through various stages of the funnel. I can even change the date to see how this looks over a specific time period. (Soon, you'll be able to filter by source so you can see performance of leads from a single channel!)

Comment below if you have other ideas on how to use Trello to manage these kind of relationships! I'm sure there are more power-ups that I could enable to supercharge this more.

PS - If you've played around with Crmble and want to be a sponsor/influencer/advocate, let me know and you too can be featured on a board like this! šŸ˜

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events