Using Trello for Hiring and Recruiting with Crmble Power-Up

The Crmble Trello Power-Up just recently launched and it easily turns your board into a way to manage contacts. While it's main use is as a CRM, I realized there's actually a couple other ways you can use it, for just about any sort of contact management. 

One that I thought of was hiring and recruiting with Trello. (I'll write about others on here soon, like managing influencers and marketing channels... but I'll stay focused for now.)

When you're hiring for a role, you likely have many candidates you're trying to manage and organize documents (like resumes or offer letters or interviews notes), and also scheduling with interviews and follow-ups. 

Here's how you can use Crmble to help. 

Here's a handy template if you want to follow along.

1. Each list is a stage in your hiring cycle. 

You can have new applicants, interviews scheduled, interviews in progress, offer made, candidate rejected, etc. Whatever you need to do. With Crmble you can easily customize the names of your lists even after you've set up the default layout, and you can always add or remove lists as you go.

2. Each card is a candidate. 

Depending on where you get your applications, you could have this automatically imported into Trello! With Crmble, you can connect with Google Forms to create the ability to sync leads. You can also use other power-ups like Typeform if that's where you're collecting applications. 

It's easy to add any other details you want to a candidate with Crmble's custom fields. 

crmblefields

Enable the Custom Fields Power-Up to create more fields, like scores from interviews, or dates for upcoming interviews, or anything else you want to keep handy. 

3. Use labels to customize by role or department. 

If you're hiring for multiple roles, you can use labels to tag each candidate by the role they applied for. This makes it easy to filter your board by a specific role when you need to see how many candidates you have and the hiring status of a given position.

4. Keep documents synced together.

Sync with Google so you can keep all a candidates documents in the Trello card or in a Google folder so everything is nicely in one place!

5. Give your interviewers voting power. 

If you have multiple interviewers (which is generally a good hiring practice), you can enable the Voting Power-Up to let your interviewers vote on their favorite candidates. If one person's decision is the final answer, you can add the Approval Power-Up to make sure the right person has signed off on a candidate before extending an offer letter.

Captura_de_pantalla_2020-04-13_a_las_13.43.22

6. Show the performance of your hiring funnel with a click. 

Just click "Crmble" in the top right of your board, and you'll be able to see your dashboard that shows your candidates and how they move through your hiring funnel. Quickly be able to answer things like "What % of candidates get an interview?" or "What % of candidates get an offer?"

Captura_de_pantalla_2020-04-10_a_las_13.33.32

You can even filter this view by a specific time period (and soon - the source of a candidate as well!)

7. Use Butler and Zapier to supercharge.

Think this board needs to do more? Connect with Zapier to add any more automation you want, such as connecting with other applications to share data or sync information. You can also use Butler to create certain tasks or actions when a candidate is moved into a specific stage (ie, create an interview checklist when a card is moved into "interview scheduled" stage).

And with just a few minutes and a couple clicks, you have a Hiring and Recruiting Trello board! Has anyone else built a board like this on Trello? Would love to see other examples or other ideas on how to improve it! 

Also - as a quick PS - Crmble just launched on Product Hunt, so head over there and check it out/give it an upvote if you feel so led! :) 

16 comments

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2020

@Brittany Joiner great write up! The last screenshot doesn't seem to be displaying correctly .... 

Like Antonio Panea likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2020

@Iain Dooley the dashboard image?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2020

@Brittany Joiner this one:

2020-04-16 at 9.30 am.png

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2020

@Iain Dooley ah yes, that's just the attached one that I add at the end - i thought it was going to be a thumbnail for when I share on social media but I don't think it's working for that, i can just remove it. 

Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2020

@Brittany Joiner  good insight thanks for sharing, it's really very helpful for the recruitment team.

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2020

Hi @Brittany Joiner ,

It was a great article! Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Maria Caines April 30, 2020

@Brittany Joiner The Crmble template is what I would like to use for my CRM and Sales Pipeline but as a new user, I keep hitting a wall as the Crmble card that is displayed in the video demo isn't in the template when I try to add a new lead. Again, I am brand new and using the free version as a trial. Do I need to have a paid version to take advantage of the pre-built cards in Crmble?

It would be really helpful to have someone walk me through the set up and one New Lead card.

Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2020

Hi @Maria Caines ,

Thanks for reaching out! I am Toni,founder of Crmble Power-Up.

If you would like to have a walk through the Power-Up you can set up a meeting with Crmble support team:

https://calendly.com/hellocrmble/meeting-minutes-with-crmble?month=2020-05

They will be glad to help you around and solve all your questions!

Cheers

Toni

David Grant June 3, 2020

How about for people searching for their next role, is it suitable for that?  I have about 100 contacts I connected with and need to keep track of actions and dates to get reconnect with them?

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2020

@David Grant yes! Crmble would be perfect for managing that. If you have those contacts in a CSV, you can easily import them into a Trello board with Crmble. You could use the checklists features on those cards to add action items, and to keep track of what you're talking about with them!

David Grant June 4, 2020

@Brittany Joiner Brittany, thank you for the response. I'll give it a try. Another question for you. I have a Mac and an iPhone. From my iPhone I make lots of calls and send lots of texts, and will use Siri to initiate those about half the time. So that works well running off my iPhone contact list. When I start using Crmble, I'd like contacts in Crmble and on my iPhone contacts app to stay in sync. Is that possible?

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2020

@David Grant good question. I’ll defer to the founder, @Antonio Panea , to answer that one!

David Grant June 15, 2020

@Antonio Panea would you be able to answer my question regarding Apple contact integration/exchange?

Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2020

Hi everyone!

Sorry for my late reply! Yeah @David Grant as far as you have in your Apple device your gmail account added with the contact option enabled, it will appear in your contact app in every of your Apple devices.

Regarding the 100 contacts you are already working with, as far as you have them in a CSV file or an Excel doc, you could import them to Crmble and start working with them.

If you need any help at any step just let me know!

Cheers

Toni

Susan Puckett May 20, 2021

This is helpful, but I am looking for resources following this process for onboarding activities.  Do you use Trello for after they are hired and they have started (e.g., intro meetings, trainings, etc.)?  Please share resources and thoughts.

Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2021

Hi @Susan Puckett ,

I would recommend you to take a look on Trello Templates Gallery or inspire yourself in Google with Trello public boards for Onboarding activities. 

Good Luck!

Cheers

Toni

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events